Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Samoens/Morillon/Flaine - childcare help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, We are staying in Samoens in March, and were hoping their brand new creche would be open.

Because of Covid it isn't opening this year sadly.
We're looking into nannies, but also wondered if anyone knew any other creche facilities that would accept 3 x 12 month olds.

There seems to be one in Morillon which is 18months +
And I am not sure if we can easily travel to the other towns (les carroz/flaine etc) from Samoens via bus or cable car etc to use their nurseries..

Thanks in advance for any wisdom
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You would need to have a car to get to any other resort from Samoens. Morillon nearest then Les Carroz and finally Flaine but I would not want to stay in Samoens and drive all the way to Flaine and back each day. There is no pedestrian cable car linking Samoens and other GM resorts. The gondola simply takes you to Samoens 1600 for skiing. Club med in 1600 would have childcare for that age but you would have to stay with them.

Have you booked accommodation through a tour operator...could you change to stay in Flaine if there is childcare there. I think there is a creche in Les Carroz but don't know what the youngest age is.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, no we've booked a big chalet in Samoens with friends, so we can't change it.

Ok thanks, I just called Club Med, thanks for that tip. Turns out you can't use their childcare unless you are staying with them either!

I will check with Les Carroz just in case, seeing as there seems to be no good options this year Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We used Emily in 2018 in Samoens
https://www.emilysbabycare.co.uk/samoens-ski-nannies
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The local tourist office might also be able to help - nannies will generally register with them. Or stick up little notices in the supermarket, though that will be a bit late for you. Samoens is really out on a limb, though it's a sweet place.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy