Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can my 17yr old come skiing to Austria.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I am new to the website so forgive me if this topic has already been covered. As it stands, my 17yr old son is not eligible to receive his 3rd covid vaccination(booster) until after our planned ski trip and is not in the vulnerable category. He has had his 2nd vaccination.
Under the Austrian Entry Requirements regarding Covid , will he and other young adults not be able to ski in Austria?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i should have added, we are travelling from the UK
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a huge thread with all this info. Your son counts as an adult so he must fulfil all the requirements everyone has to, my understanding is that unless he has had his 3rd shot no entry into Austria is possible, though that could change at some point in the future.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006&highlight= is the thread in question @Damonw Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a huge thread with all this info. Your son counts as an adult so he must fulfil all the requirements everyone has to, my understanding is that unless he has had his 3rd shot no entry into Austria is possible, though that could change at some point in the future.
[/quote]

Third vaccination or second vaccination if J&J or recovered per Austrian Embassy in London
https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-london/travelling-to-austria/coronavirus-covid-19-and-travel-abroad/
This was one of the things that was very unclear when the 25 December rules were announced but was clarified later I think.
I'm sure it's buried in the other thread but if you are coming to it for the first time it might be a bit daunting at 172 pages covering multiple updates and rule changes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not looking good then. Fingers crossed they remove the requirement of the booster for this particular age group.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm in same situation with my 16 year old daughter. I hold out no hope on Austria changing this. Have France held as well and now just did Switzerland .. lol
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thx for hi-lighting the thread
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Born before Sept 2006 all fall in to this category! So there is a limited age group of people who aren't eligible for the booster in this country so therefore can't enter Austria. As Stevios points out though - recovery from covid equates to a booster so this is a way out for some in that category. My daughter, thankfully, falls into this category although my GP has just informed me that they will not sign the recovery certificate!!! So back to square 1!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Born before Sept 2006 all fall in to this category! So there is a limited age group of people who aren't eligible for the booster in this country so therefore can't enter Austria. As Stevios points out though - recovery from covid equates to a booster so this is a way out for some in that category. My daughter, thankfully, falls into this category although my GP has just informed me that they will not sign the recovery certificate!!! So back to square 1!!!

If your daughter is 16 or 17 then she should be able to see the recovery certificate along with QR code in her NHS app in the same place as the record of her vaccinations. If you download the full pdf and not just save the QR code to your wallet it includes details of when she had it so shows that it was less than 180 days ago. If she is only 15 I think that is more of a challenge as she cannot access the NHS app.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevios wrote:
Quote:

If your daughter is 16 or 17 then she should be able to see the recovery certificate along with QR code in her NHS app in the same place as the record of her vaccinations. If you download the full pdf and not just save the QR code to your wallet it includes details of when she had it so shows that it was less than 180 days ago. If she is only 15 I think that is more of a challenge as she cannot access the NHS app.

Yup - she is 15 so cannot get the covid pass / app. The paper version for 12-15 only shows vaxxed status so the only route is a recovery cert which our GP has refused to sign.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy