Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Certificate of recovery

Poster: A snowHead
Can I ask if any of you have come across this. My daughter tested positive on a fit to fly but apparently because they are a private test (used government advised. Circular one) the positive Covid does not show on the nhs app so cannot get a recovery certificate even if I call 119 ? Any ideas would be appreciated thanks
She is 16 so has the app
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@carla4221, Does the test company provide any kind of certificate?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Emailed proof of positive but no qr code ?
Do you think that would be acceptable
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@carla4221, Assuming she has now recovered, then go to your GP and they can add the information to her records and/or provide you with a proof of recovery.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thankyou I will contact them now fingers crossed
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@carla4221, Don't bother with 119. We had a similar issue with a "foreign" innoculation and phoned them on 5th October. They promised to call back and they did...On 3rd January. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We tried to chase one of these mythic beasts down for our 12yo and basically, after about a dozen calls, they don't exist, and if you get one from a third party, you've as much chance of getting it accepted as proof as and other random bit of paper waived under an officials nose while away.

We did try the GP approach too, but they basically said "no", they don't do letters, and they don't amend records unless the kid had been tested by staff at the surgery, and they'd never even heard of a Certificate of Recovery.

Best off just getting kiddo triple tapped as quick as possible.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Richard_Sideways, they do exist. They appear in the NHS app under 'travel' once your travel pass is re-approved.

The caveat being it needs to be a PCR rather than a lateral flow.

I've heard you need to register your positive PCR result in the NHS Covid app (not the NHS App) for it to appear but can't confirm as I entered my code in anyway. So I can't speak to whether you get it if you don't enter the code in the Covid app.

I don't think anyone accepts lateral flow tests as proof of recovery, I've only seen PCR.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Richard_Sideways, Seems my Practice Nurse was a little more helpful. We managed to get Jabs 1&2 (administered in the USA) to be uploaded onto all our family NHS records and once there, they popped up on the NHS COVID Pass. Boosters were administered in the UK so no problem there. My Austrian official "Recovery Certificate" might be a bit more challenging though. Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard_Sideways wrote:
We did try the GP approach too, but they basically said "no", they don't do letters, and they don't amend records unless the kid had been tested by staff at the surgery, and they'd never even heard of a Certificate of Recovery.

That's the sort of BS that you sometimes read here. Not what you'd expect from Health professionals.

The obvious advice to everybody with an u18 showing symptoms would be to contact their GP surgery, ask for confirmation that they will be able to get the certificate added by them, or insist on an appointment for testing.

Only other alternative would be to lie about symptoms and get an NHS test, which would add an immense amount of strain to the system.

Letter to your MP, asking him to help resolve the issue of certification on behalf of millions of people? Give them something useful to do. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Timmaah I tested positive via an nhs pcr. Didn’t register anything on any app. My vaccination records disappeared off the nhs app for around eleven days and then reappeared with my previous records plus a recovered one complete with qr code.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We were able to get positive proof of his PCR but nothing beyond that via the NHS app, and when we checked with Italy they said that wouldn't be accepted as proof.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kc1878 wrote:
@Timmaah I tested positive via an nhs pcr. Didn’t register anything on any app. My vaccination records disappeared off the nhs app for around eleven days and then reappeared with my previous records plus a recovered one complete with qr code.

Spot on. The reason they "disappeared" is because the COVID Pass App will not let you have access to your records during your 10 days of COVID isolation.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@brianatab, given the NHS is massively overstretched at present, what would you like healthcare professionals to NOT do, in order to be filling in paperwork to support people's ski holidays?

GP's don't provide routine COVID testing, so calling to ask for an appointment for that is another way you can waste their time.

Are you one of those people who complains they can't get an appointment at a moment's notice as well?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@snowdave, A bit harsh. Seeing as most GPs actually do Doctor stuff the rest of the Practice administrative functions are done by non-healthcare personnel. It shouldn't be that hard for them to stamp the appropriate form along with answering the phone. The extra £5 Billion should help.
latest report
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@snowdave, A bit harsh. Seeing as most GPs actually do Doctor stuff the rest of the Practice administrative functions are done by non-healthcare personnel. It shouldn't be that hard for them to stamp the appropriate form along with answering the phone. The extra £5 Billion should help.

Who's going to review the test to check it is a result that's appropriate for inclusion, was done to an acceptable standard and according to an appropriate protocol, and code it correctly, or would you like random results blindly encoded into your medical record? And check that it really was you making the request?

Or do you think people should just be able to post random test results to a GP, to be assigned to a medical record, with no evidence?

It takes up time and resource - we can debate who's resource, but its still resource. That means something else doesn't get done.
ski holidays
@snowdave, I know they are overstretched, but keeping people's records up to date is part of the service they are paid to do. If they don't want to do it, then it's important that somebody does.

It's not unreasonable to ask if they will do it. Many GP practices do. It's important that there is uniformity.

As the NHS should not be giving vaccine doses or boosters to anybody who has recently had Covid (is it 10 weeks?) then it is important that someone at a vaccination centre can check for it.
There is also the issue of people not being able to get/keep employment because they can't have the next vaccine dose, and are unable to get evidence of infection onto their medical records.

The fit to fly test is accepted by Governments, therefore there needs to be some system of getting it recorded.
It's not just about getting kids on a skiing holiday. This is a situation that will affect millions over the next few months, not just in the travel sector.
ski holidays
@brianatab, I think we touched a nerve. However, one can book a Private GP consultation in the UK on a one off basis for less than £50. Sounds like a cheap way of getting what you need without putting undue strain on @snowdave, 's "Resources".
latest report
My experience was very similar to @Kc1878,

I tested positive via a home lateral flow. Ordered a home PCR test on the gov. website. Took the test and mailed in back in the packaging provided. My NHS app was automatically updated 10 days from the date the PCR test was taken. Exactly the same as my wife. Only difference is that I didn't lose any info from previous vaxes on the NHS app in the interim (That might to down to small differences between the Home Nations? I used NHS Scotland).
It is valid for almost 6 months (mine is from 03/01 to 21/06).
snow report
My GP refused to sign recovery form for 15 yr old.
ski holidays
Thankyou all just don’t understand. She needs proof of recovery due to testing being inaccurate up to 90 days after testing positive, not just to travel but for access to everyday things ie testing for school for example.
The PCR was carried out by a recommended company and we were told it met pillar 2 standards. Track and trace have the evidence it shows on public health England but unfortunately not on the nhs app or her drs records just thought I would ask if anybody else had this or had I been give. The wrong information and it should actually be showing sorry
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy