Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If not France, then where for Feb Half term?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all. I'd like to ask you all about feb half term options if France is off the cards for a weeks skiing with a family of 4. All double vaccinated apart from one under 12.

Where would you suggest?
We're not ski gods but happy cruising blues reds and greens.

Thankyou Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It all depends on what you are looking for. My personal preference is to keep costs down and avoid lots of Brits.
Nassfeld in SE Austria (Carinthia). Fly to Ljubljana and hire a car. Stay at https://www.hotel-sonnleitn.at/en/ or at http://www.chaletkammleitn.com/ for a DIY trip
San Vigilio in Italy. Fly to Milan or Verona. Hire a car. Longer transfer but better quality. Stay at www.mareo.it or ring or email the tourist office - if you give them the dates and type of accommodation they will email you with a list of available accommodation - make sure you get somewhere close to San Vigilio though as some of the accommodation can be in the next valley or even further https://www.sanvigilio.org/en/information.htm
Aosta Valley - plenty of choices. Fly to Turin.
Jungfrau region. Doesn't have to be top price. It's a balance between price and convenience. It's a few years since I was there - flew to Milan and got the train to Interlaken. Stayed at Boenigen and travelled on the narrow gauge ski train each day from Interlaken station (Interlaken Ost??)

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 8-01-22 20:58; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thankyou JHS that's really apreciated. never considered Slovenia before, didn't know you ski there. I'll look into it this weekend.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not been skiing in Slovenia yet. But you can get cheap flights to Ljubljana and cheap car hire from there. And Nassfeld (on the Austrian / Italian border) isn’t far at all. There are plenty of other smaller resorts in Carinthia too.
If you are prepared to be a bit adventurous, then two resorts on my list as likely to be quiet(er) at UK half term are Jasna and Kopaonik. I have not been to either. May not be as family friendly from the point of view of modern infrastructure (I don’t know as I haven’t been) as more UK mainstream resorts.
San Vigilio (Kronplatz ski area) has a high level of good quality infrastructure.
You could also consider some of the lesser well known (amongst the Brits) Italian resorts such as Abetone
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We had exactly the same dilemma as we have an unvaccinated 14Y old (he is autistic and has a fear of needles but that's a different story) and an 11Y old ... We were due to spend HT in La Tania (as we have done for the last 5 years) but I expect Macron to only partially lift the ban on Brits next week, insisting that unvaccinated teens (at best) need to test every couple of days (as is the case in Austria and Italy). That will be a complete pain in the backside and frankly not very relaxing. Switzerland is currently allowing unvaccinated teens up to the age of 16 to enter and access restaurants, hotels and ski lifts ... so we have booked a lovely hotel in Grindelwald. There's still availability in Grindelwald and Wengen (part of the lovely Jungfrau area) and critically hotels offer attractive cancellation terms (full refund if you cancel >7 days before arrival). For us this was the game-changer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy