Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aviemore lift passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is anyone familiar with Aviemore thse days? A good forecast and an adventurous daughter, she's camping at the foot of Aviemore this weekend, hoping to head up the mountain.
Only as far as I can see, there are no ski passes available: they are at capacity.
Will she get a pass on the day, or is she best staying away?
I know they were fancying the "nighlife" as well as the skiing, and no other Scottish resort actually has a village, does it?
Thanks,
Strax
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So a mix of covid 19 restrictions and some / most of the primary lifts being unable to run (broken mountain railway) means that they only offer limited lift passes which need to be booked in advance. if there are none available online it means either they are all sold out, or they haven't put them up for sale yet.

as for "nightlife" best to remember that we are still under strict covid rules up here, everyone must be seated / table service only / limited opening hours......but it is open.....oh and the village is about 6 miles down the road and the mountain from the actual lift station.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also worth bearing in mind that Cairngorm (Aviemore) only has a nursery slope open at the moment due to lack of natural snow. It wouldn't be worth it for your daughter unless she's a complete beginner.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Classic snowheads post ...
Check the forecast before travelling next time.

1) beyond 100m strip of manmade snow for first time beginners the resort is shut (until more natural snow arrives : whenever that might be)

2) nightlife? We are at peak of Omicron wave.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 6-01-22 11:07; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Strax, guessing your daughter is at Glenmore rather than Aviemore itself, Cairngorm is closed today due to strong winds but they were probably fully booked anyway, they only have a small beginner area open at the moment which is normally fully booked, she could go touring if that interests her when the weather improves. Suggest she checks Facebook as Cairngorm put updates on there and twitter. For entertainment there is a small pub/shop by the Glenmore caravan site which she may have found already or travel into Aviemore, no idea what will be open.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Haggis_Trap, did you miss ' A good forecast' in the op Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for the replies, as always, mostly helpful.

I'll pass the information on, and head up a Yorkshire hill myself instead.

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've often been to Scotland in winter on pre-booked dates due to me going with friends who need advance notice. It's fine as long as you consider it a general holiday with the chance of skiing if the snow conditions are good! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd say given the weather today (https://fb.watch/amBfprGnOl/ - for a link to a rather exciting video of the current blizzard) no danger anything opening in the near future I'm afraid. Off for an afternoon in the Winking Owl !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Latest news: I stayed back in Yorkshire, she and her boyfriend took of to Glen Coe and have had a day on the snow. Evil or Very Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy