Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting a refund from Maeva.com.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So in a frustrating situation trying to get a refund from Maeva.com
Summary :pre-covid we were originally booked to travel to Vallorcine in March 2020.
Obviously we had to cancel because of covid (several times).

Was again meant to be traveling next week with family. However, obviously France remains closed to Brits.
Maeva.com now refusing to issue a refund. Frustrating as originally we were entitled to a refund (but accepted the voucher as the decent thing to do).
In addition they refuse to let me actually speak to a real person!
All correspondence so far via email. Telephoning the Paris office results in same reply and request to email annulations@maeva.com

Apology for another new thread.
However Maeva are the biggest French self catering provider - so I wont be only person in this situation.
Anyone got suggestions of a number to call ?
Possible action to take ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Haggis_Trap, Will they agree to a postponement instead of a refund? Would your travel insurance cover not being able to go due to travel restrictions?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 3-01-22 19:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowymum wrote:
@Haggis_Trap, Will they agree to a postponement instead of a refund?

Not so far Toofy Grin

Originally tried to cancel / postpone in mid December when Macron announced the new rules.
Was told to wait until early January. Now they are refusing to budge.
Apparently because we didn't book insurance.

Getting frustrated dealing with standard email replies and call centre that only hands out an email address.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From Maevas own website..
Turns out they are lying b@stards and refusing to honor this for UK citizens unable to travel.

https://www.maeva.com/fr-fr/pages/static/vacancesenclair.php
"Book with peace of mind! With us, either you leave or you will be reimbursed for your stay!
Indeed, if your stay is made impossible by measures taken by the Public Authorities: confinement of your place of residence or your place of destination during the period of the stay, you will be reimbursed for the amounts paid on the date of cancellation of your vacation (excluding administrative fees and insurance taken out). "
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did you pay by credit card? Each charge back costs them additional fees so I would suggest telling them you are instigating the process.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Did you pay by credit card? Each charge back costs them additional fees so I would suggest telling them you are instigating the process.

Good shout - Because it is travel related was able to trigger call back from my bank.
Will see what happens...

Maeva officially the worst call centre I have ever had to deal with.
Clearly set up to stone wall customers rather than help them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have the same problem. booked with maeva via booking.com for 2 weeks and they wont refund, give voucher or postpone. For one of the weeks they wont even reply. not covered by my insurance either. Sad did you get anywhere?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Leucite wrote:
I have the same problem. booked with maeva via booking.com for 2 weeks and they wont refund, give voucher or postpone. For one of the weeks they wont even reply. not covered by my insurance either. Sad did you get anywhere?

aye - they are complete b@stards....
there is a clear company policy to stonewall brits looking for a refund or voucher.

eventually I got really pissed off:

Action 1) disputed payment via my bank.

Action 2) I phoned apartment block reception directly. got chatting to nice French girl and explained situation. she eventually put me in touch with her boss (in the Netherlands) who then emailed her manager on my behalf.

that afternoon, as result of one of the above, I finally got a voucher back valid for 12 months. we recommend doing similar : in your case, take it up with your bank & booking.com.

if you send me a PM I can also provide the email address from #2.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, well that's positive news. I can't work out how to pm, but feel free to pm me, that would be very helpful, thanks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy