Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overtaken by the boy…

Poster: A snowHead
He challenged me. I bottled it at the gate. It’s all downhill from here…

http://youtube.com/v/fa6nFzVZv_U
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It comes to us all.

My kids began to get the edge on my in skiing about 2 years back.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kids are more flexible than people over 40 and bounce better. I still do stupid things at 62 but sometimes think, this is going to hurt if it goes wrong.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It gets worse. Just got sent this - looks like my daughter is going to beat me to wing suit flying Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/fpNC1F4MojQ
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I took my grandaughter skiing for the first time when she was 9 years old. She could plough turn at a snow dome, but struggled on the first morning in Kitzbuhel, but soon picked iy up st ski "basic" parallel turns nidway throyugh the week. Fast forward to her second ever ski holiday aged 16 (not having skied in between), after the first morning in Ischgl, I had no chance or the courage to try and keep up with her, despite being a young 56 and 39 years skiing Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Managed to stay just about ahead of both my kids while they were still in school by using better technique. Then they both went off and did ski seasons... What a difference that made to both of them. I completely skipped out the trying to keep up with them phase, just went straight to the well and truly behind them stage!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When my son was 8 I was struggling, now he’s 11 it’s like we’re doing 2 different sports.
It’s not even fun watching him any longer, as I spend the whole time at the edge of my ability, just trying to keep up with him.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BobinCH, Its alwasy going to happen eventually, at least you gave in gracefully Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Well done to the kids Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have no intention of skiing with my son, last time I did he stranded me on the side of a cliff!
My younger one (9) is on the same plan, and already skiing some of the tougher spots at Whistler Shocked Thought I might still have a few years keeping up, but don't think I'll be skiing with either of them much! Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 3-01-22 4:41; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Best book yourself into dignitas Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mr.Egg wrote:
Best book yourself into dignitas Sad

Take up wing suit flying and you won't need Dignitas
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No this is the golden time now. He is in front so you can now offer many many useful pointers and observation on his style and technique from this rear gunner position while being able to ski as sloppily as you like. This is the Pundits Gambit position and will propel him further and faster away than ever before!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A month before Covid, my 14yo went away for a week on school trip. Which meant 5 days and 2x3hr lessons per day, in a group of four; where she was the youngest and determined not to let them tease her.

We went skiing last week. I can probably forget about catching her, unless I can do a month with a private instructor. As hinted above, it’s not just ability, it’s teen fearlessness. I think you can’t learn that, you can only buy it in illegal powder form.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I remember that day very well...both became ski instructors in the end and worked all over the world (in the olden days pre Covid)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rungsp wrote:
I remember that day very well...both became ski instructors in the end and worked all over the world (in the olden days pre Covid)

Haha! When’s he coming out. It seems I need a lesson!
ski holidays
Christmas 2002, Serre Chevalier, Casse de Boeuf, he was 12. Went top to bottom, fast, non stop, way, way ahead of me. I caught up with him then cancelled all his group lessons from that holiday on. Not that it made much of a memorable impression on me Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Orange200 wrote:
As hinted above, it’s not just ability, it’s teen fearlessness. I think you can’t learn that, you can only buy it in illegal powder form.

Disafear? Madeye-Smiley
https://matchstickpro.com/best-ski-crashes-from-matchstick-productions-2018-ski-movie-drop-everything/
snow conditions
I’m on Amazon for it right now! Very Happy
snow report
@BobinCH, he is coming out on January 14th and coming back the 23rd
latest report
Orange200 wrote:
A month before Covid, my 14yo went away for a week on school trip. Which meant 5 days and 2x3hr lessons per day, in a group of four; where she was the youngest and determined not to let them tease her.

We went skiing last week. I can probably forget about catching her, unless I can do a month with a private instructor. As hinted above, it’s not just ability, it’s teen fearlessness. I think you can’t learn that, you can only buy it in illegal powder form.

I think even nervous kids if they stick at it lose the fear eventually, something much harder for an adult unless your skiing a lot. My son was really nervous from 6-11 but kept sending him on ski class but at some stage like a switch he lost the fear, last winter he clocked 116kms in Switzerland.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy