Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets - no availability for ski school / lessons

Poster: A snowHead
First Half Term ski trip and have been caught out by not booking ski school / lessons early enough.

Have managed to book children in with ESF but can't find anyone with any availability for adults which tie in with children's ski lessons (9am - 11am) We can get late afternoon lessons but nor sure what we're supposed to do with the kids Puzzled Very Happy

Have tried ESF / Ecole 360 / Les Gets Ski School / BASS / Instructors via MaisonSport - if any knowledgable people on here know of any other avenues, I'd be really grateful. Just looking for a few lessons over the week (Feb13th).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry to hear that. You might look for a childcare provider to look after the children whilst you get lessons. Problem is pretty much all ski instructors will be tied up doing group lessons in the mornings as peak week.

Worth also going into the ski school offices when you get there. Sometimes there are cancellations or they manage to shoehorn you in. Unlikely to get private lessons at those times in those weeks though. Full day private MIGHT be possible.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is very very busy that week. Have you tried Nathan at Switch?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, he was lovely but can't help! I have to say it feels like its going to be carnage!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's really difficult, and I can't suggest anything very helpful. Are the adults complete beginners? If so, cramming in as much tuition as you you can at one of the indoor snowslopes, (starting with a "learn to ski in a day" course, so you can potter around gently on your own, might be a possibility. You can get plenty of suggestions here as to the easiest slopes to experiment with, though of course they will all be very busy - not ideal.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No we're all intermediates (some better than others), so its not a disaster, we can still ski, just that we expected to have lessons. Just never thought it would be so busy that noone would have avalaibility.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Half term coincides with peak French holidays too - ski schools will have been heavily booked for months. But if you're all intermediates, no problem!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We thought it would be OK as we're the earlier half term week (so it doesn't coincide with Paris holidays which people advised us to avoid) but lesson learned. Thank you
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Gets is a great resort for lower intermediates. All slopes on pasture so no steep drops or narrow horrid tracks. A decent selection of blues that you can do in a circuit, and easier reds that the better intermediates can try. I speak from experience - we had our first ski holiday there post kids, after a gap of 7 years off snow and spent every holiday since then guiding the sproglets aound the resort after ski school, as they gradually progressed. Sadly they are now up to the "we'll take the mogul black run and meet you at the restaurant " stage (I blame it all on ESF). So if you cannot get lessons, you don't need to worry about what you can ski.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wrekingirl wrote:
Les Gets is a great resort for lower intermediates. All slopes on pasture so no steep drops or narrow horrid tracks. A decent selection of blues that you can do in a circuit, and easier reds that the better intermediates can try. I speak from experience - we had our first ski holiday there post kids, after a gap of 7 years off snow and spent every holiday since then guiding the sproglets aound the resort after ski school, as they gradually progressed. Sadly they are now up to the "we'll take the mogul black run and meet you at the restaurant " stage (I blame it all on ESF). So if you cannot get lessons, you don't need to worry about what you can ski.
Laughing I think we'll quickly be in that situation too!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Newbie72, yes! Book your restaurants now. We have a place in Morzine and we’ve bailed and rented it out as it was getting too stressful.

Last resort - morzine instructors? You just need to be able to get to top of Pleney (chair lift - blue golf run and chair lift up).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am in Les Gets next week, if we see anything about lesson availability I will post it x
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Busymum wrote:
I am in Les Gets next week, if we see anything about lesson availability I will post it x
Thank you, that would be great.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try The Snow Institute. I can thoroughly recommend them, though I can't guarantee they'll have space!

https://thesnowinstitute.com/
ski holidays
Have tried them too - they even have a note on their contact page saying words to the effect that they're so booked up for half term / Easter weeks that they're not even replying now Laughing
ski holidays
You might find an independent instructor on Maisonsport.com
snow report
@tarrantd, they’ve tried. See the first post
snow conditions
@ster, oops missed that.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy