Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is this accommodation site legitimate? Any one booked before?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi! I just wanted to ask quickly if anyone has experience booking through this website before: https://en.ski-france.com

Seems legitimate for the most part but can't find any reviews for it. Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The accommodation looks ok but the site feels wrong - personal opinion, no objective evidence to back that up.
I checked a couple of apartments that I know and the price and availability look correct but I know that the owner doesn't use ski-france for advertising so my conclusion is that this site is scraping other websites for data and then presenting as their own.

If I was to find anything there that I liked I would then search for that particular property and book through a known reliable source. But that's the cynic in me it may well be legit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tanvir786, yes legit...we've used it a fair amount in various French ski station.

Basic straight transaction, little frills and absolutely no problems. Completely bona fide in my experience.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Site was registered in 2002, so has been around a while, so probably legit. The chalet I booked in March is on the site and unavailable for the week I have booked. It is available in April at the same price as I could get from the owners, so could well be scraping the data from other sites. Interestingly the price on VRBO is higher, make of that what you will.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I first used it about 8 or 9 years ago, wasn't sure on initial approach but all works without a hitch, payed with credit card, straight accommodation as driving down.

You get full paperwork for booking made, instructions etc. Very concise and with zero problems or concerns to us.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, they are madam vacances https://www.madamevacances.com/ UK website who operate tons of accommodation across france
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gored wrote:
Yeah, they are madam vacances https://www.madamevacances.com/ UK website who operate tons of accommodation across france

Unsure if that's the same company.... looks like this https://www.skifrance.co.uk/info/legal-notice/ one is the UK element of that link.

The OP one LOOKS different from contact information etc (I know that some company propogate varying offers to different market perception) but they look separate on initial view.

I've definitely booked and used the OP site snd not the MV one.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone for the feedback, went ahead and booked on the credit card. I did all my DD checks but the cynic in me just wanted to do a triple check Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gored wrote:
Agree with ski3 that this is incorrect.

I think ski-france are a purely German company, just acting as a booking agent. No idea if they are bona fide.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
After having our Vbro/interhome booking being cancelled a couple of weeks before we were due to go I would caution people to check the terms and conditions, some booking sites have a condition that they can cancel at any time, if they get a better price offer than you are booked for they can dump you
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy