Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra, pas de la casa for easy blues

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, can anyone who has been to pas de la casa Andorra either as an easy blue skier or with that level in their group please help me with something. I can't quite tell from the piste map for pas de la casa if you can ski from and back to pas just on blues (and not any reds or blacks). Looks like isards, tubs and pista port, on paper, may be possible without reds. I've heard the blue pastora is tricky at the top (4 years ago I could get down easish ski blues no problem and some more challenging blues gingerly but no doubt I'll be rusty so want to keep it simple for the first day). I may be better off going down to soldeu perhaps if I can do that in a day from pas. Any advice would be great please Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes you can ski down from the top of the 4-person Pas de la Casa chair on Pista Port back to Pas and over to Grau Roig on Pastora. I did it with my kids last week.

Pastora was shown as closed at the top, but you could still get onto it by following Pista Port a bit further down the shoulder until a later split. Pastora was a bit thin on snowcover in places as it has no artificial snowmaking.

Both are fairly gentle blues that wind around and traverse the gradient. Pista Port has a steeper section as you drop down to the Costa Rodona chair, but IIRC it had a shallower variant.

Avoid the Font Negre chair as there are only steep pitches at the top on both sides.

You might want to first try the short Solana chair on the right or the Coll dels Isards chair and green slopes on the left as you look up from Pas before attempting to go to the top. I didn't try the Pic Negre I draglift that serves Isards blue above the green slopes, but that might be good too.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 25-02-23 21:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's very helpful of you thank you!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Port is gentle, but can get very crowded and the condition of the snow can be poor. Same with Pastora. Whilst it is possible to get around Grandvalira just on blues, do not completely discount all the reds. Due to fewer people and snow condition, they may be easier to ski.

I’d recommend getting lessons. An instructor will take you on runs they think you are capable of that you may not consider by yourself. You can then go and do those runs by yourself out of lesson times.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy