Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New rules for skiing in Italy in 2022

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The new slope safety law provides that as of January 1, 2022, some rules for winter sports lovers are newly introduced or existing rules are modified. These are Legislative Decrees No. 41 and 73/2021, which replace the old law of 2003. As a framework law, it also applies to all specific South Tyrolean regulations on safety on the ski slopes and sledge runs:
Mandatory helmet use:
On the ski and toboggan runs, helmets are now compulsory up to the age of 18 (and not up to the age of 14 as before). The helmet must be CE-certified.
Compulsory insurance:
All piste users are required to have an insurance policy similar to the road liability insurance. It must cover liability for damage or injury to third parties and comes into effect if fault in an accident is not civilly resolved. It is available as daily, weekend, weekly, monthly and seasonal insurance and can be purchased when buying the ski pass or from an insurance company. Administrative fines without insurance range from 100 to 150 euros, in addition to the withdrawal of the ski pass.
Alcohol test:
The consumption of alcohol is now only permitted to a limited extent, the limits are based on those in road traffic: Being on the slopes with more than 0.5 ‰ is punishable by a fine (250 to 1,000 euros). An alcohol level of 0.8 ‰ or more is a criminal offence.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone have a recommendation for insurance?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Presumably the defined limits on alcohol now mean no drinking at all , as the only way you would know was if you failed a test ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ghost Dog, I've just taken out a policy with LV.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ghost Dog wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation for insurance?

I checked our annual policy with Insure & Go and it has £2M personal liability that covers skiing if you've got the appropriate winter sports cover, so no need to buy extra in resort as I understand it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
prometheus wrote:
Presumably the defined limits on alcohol now mean no drinking at all , as the only way you would know was if you failed a test ?

I think this 0.8 is same as the English driving limit - so in theory you should get away with beer with lunch.
Could be stricter like Scotland's 0.5 or even Norway's 0.2 which would probably mean you'd need to curtail apres to avoid problems on the first lift!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’ve only ever drunk one beer while skiing and promptly fell back bottom over tit. Does it get better with practice? I’ve never dared try it again!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The driving limit in England is 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood (80mg/100ml). Assuming 0.5 ‰ means 50 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood (50mg/100ml), then it sounds like the limit when skiing in Italy may be lower.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sugarmoma666, it must depend on whether it’s in breath, urine or blood. I think breath is .35mg/100ml in the UK.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gordyjh wrote:
@sugarmoma666, it must depend on whether it’s in breath, urine or blood. I think breath is .35mg/100ml in the UK.

You're absolutely right:

https://www.gov.uk/drink-drive-limit
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This was talked about weeks ago, no, and iirc nothings really changed, other than the helmet age limits ??
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy