Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK antigen test suitable for italy green pass

Poster: A snowHead
before i get shot down in flames for starting another thread i will explain that i have been reading all the relevant threads every day for the past two weeks and i have done a search. i cant find a definitive answer / discussion around this topic, hence this specific posting...

we have a single vaxed teen and will be relying on the 48hr in resort antigen testing in Cervinia. I have emailed the pharmacy and they have replied saying they do these tests for 20euro and we can call in on our first day in resort to book them for the week. this makes me slightly nervous as it would be good to get them in place before we go. As we will have to do a UK purchased antigen test before we fly I am wondering if this will be valid for the "green pass". I have know way of testing this, other than maybe doing a c19testing test for the heck of it and seeing if i can scan the QR in the Italian verification app. I can successfully scan my NHS QR code for myself as i am triple jabbed.

has anyone got an up to do valid QR code from c19testing and would be willing to scan it with the app to see if it works ? the app is the same app they will use in italy and just gives green or red answer. or has someone done this already and can confirm the UK bought tests will pass the verification app ? thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Their help information seems fairly clear that this won't work:

https://helpcentre.c19testing.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/4412967885713-Is-your-test-result-certificate-or-QR-code-compatible-with-foreign-apps-
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sugarmoma666, thanks very much...whilst that is not what I wanted to read at least its 100% clear so i can now plan. very helpful of you. my brain is frazzled from searching the internet for answers to all out possible scenarios !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Simple answer is no. Returned back from Turin in the early hours of Monday morning after a trip to the Monte Rosa area and now checking out Austria's requirements for a trip to Austria in two weeks. Fact is skiing has got more expensive and you really have to do the research to make it happen. Was it worth it, absolutely yes after an absence of 2 years, just got to work harder and smarter to make it happen.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We went to Sauze last week. Take your own antigen self-test purchased in the UK. This was valid/sufficient for return to the UK, and saves the hassle of having a resort test.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Il_Capitano wrote:
We went to Sauze last week. Take your own antigen self-test purchased in the UK. This was valid/sufficient for return to the UK, and saves the hassle of having a resort test.

I am asking about the in resort test for a teenager for the green pass, not return to Uk tests thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Il_Capitano wrote:

Agree with this. In Sauze at the moment and the lengthy queue outside the one chemists doing the testing in the evening looks very depressing. Seems to be mostly youngsters/teenagers needing tested.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd be very grateful if snowbandit56 or other SHs can advise, for a triple vaccinated adult from the uk visiting Italy, is it sufficient to simply show ( on my phone or in a print) the QR code(s) on my nhs vaccination certificate?
Or do I first have to download a super green pass app, in order to scan my nhs thing into it?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No, you just use your NHS QR code. The Italians/cafe/restaurants etc use an app called Verifica19 which scans your NHS QR and (hopefully) gives a green tick. You can download this yourself and try it out for your own piece of mind, but you only need to show your NHS QR code when asked.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@peerless ploughman, In theory, you can do either.

It's worth having the Green pass, as it can be easily opened in one click, which is faster than opening it from a saved file on your phone.
I think it's only polite to use the local app, if available, as locals appreciate the effort.

It's worth also having a laminated copy of the QR code, which can be kept in a convenient jacket pocket for easy access, as you might have your phone tucked inside your clothing in very cold conditions. Just make sure it's the 2/2 or 3/3 QR code.

Hope this helps.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@brianatab, I was looking at this morning and I can;t see an app as such just references to the fact that our QR code = Green Pass. Am I missing something?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks folks. Is there a super green pass app ( or verifica19) version in english? I've found one in italian but cant understand enough to use it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nope - I used google translate to get the gist of it (and chrome to translate any of the Italian web links it takes you to for more info).

(And even I could take a punt at what the ‘scanziona il qr code’ button at the bottom does Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The button above that selects if you are scanning for a basic green pass (base) or super green pass (rafforzata - reinforced ) - the former accepting test qr codes as well (tampone).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stevew, what phone are you using? it's available from the play store. Might be elsewhere if using Apple.

Search for Super green pass Italy. Should appear 2nd and 3rd on the list.

It's the Green Pass Italia. (Green wallet icon) stores the code. It gives you an option to add other codes. This might allow you to add for family members to the same wallet. Not tried it myself.

the VerifaC19 (green tick in Covid icon). This will let you check the QR codes.

Ignore all the others. They might work, but not official apps, so might not be as secure to install.

Just checked mine. expired codes get a cross, current codes get the green tick.
latest report
It's in Italian but on the first page it says 'Scansional Il QR Code' - which basically means 'Scan Qr code' - this opens your camera (if you let it). You will need your QR on paper or a picture on someone else's phone so you can scan it. You only need to do this for your own piece of mind though. You only need your NHS QR code in resort. I'm just back form the Dolomites and it all worked pretty easily.
latest report
Worth noting that NHS Scotland QR codes expire regularly (not sure about England). Was in a cafe in Italy today and was asked for pass today and when I opened the app, everything had expired. Poor data connection so it wouldn’t refresh. Fortunately I had all my vaccs on the Austrian Green Pass app and it worked otherwise I would have been scrabbling for paper copies.
snow report
JohnDory wrote:
It's in Italian but on the first page it says 'Scansional Il QR Code' - which basically means 'Scan Qr code' - this opens your camera (if you let it). You will need your QR on paper or a picture on someone else's phone so you can scan it. You only need to do this for your own piece of mind though. You only need your NHS QR code in resort. I'm just back form the Dolomites and it all worked pretty easily.

Just for clarification, this ^^ relates to the VericaC19 app which allows you to check that your NHS QR code passes scrutiny - it’s what the locals will use to check you’re allowed in from the cold Toofy Grin

@Brianatab is talking about another Italian app which will (AIUI) allow you to display the results of the VerifaC19 scan more easily. Is that right, Brian?

Edit: having now looked at the Green Pass app (which, as @pejoli says isn’t official Govt) I’m not sure how I can upload the results of the VericaC19 scan (of my NHS QR code) as both apps are on my phone. Any ideas?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 29-12-21 19:03; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
brianatab wrote:
@stevew, what phone are you using? it's available from the play store. Might be elsewhere if using Apple.

Search for Super green pass Italy. Should appear 2nd and 3rd on the list.

It's the Green Pass Italia. (Green wallet icon) stores the code. It gives you an option to add other codes. This might allow you to add for family members to the same wallet. Not tried it myself.

the VerifaC19 (green tick in Covid icon). This will let you check the QR codes.

Ignore all the others. They might work, but not official apps, so might not be as secure to install.

Just checked mine. expired codes get a cross, current codes get the green tick.

As far as I’m aware ‘Green Pass Italia’ is not an official app - it’s just been created by an Italian firm for their domestic market (as opposed to the VerificaC19 app which is government sanctioned).

If it works for you then great - I just always wonder what the business model is for these ‘free apps’, what with all that personal data ….
ski holidays
Red Leon wrote:
JohnDory wrote:

Just for clarification, this ^^ relates to the VericaC19 app which allows you to check that your NHS QR code passes scrutiny - it’s what the locals will use to check you’re allowed in from the cold Toofy Grin

@Brianatab is talking about another Italian app which will (AIUI) allow you to display the results of the VerifaC19 scan more easily. Is that right, Brian?

Edit: having now looked at the Green Pass app (which, as @pejoli says isn’t official Govt) I’m not sure how I can upload the results of the VericaC19 scan (of my NHS QR code) as both apps are on my phone. Any ideas?

It’s just a wallet app AIUI - it just allows you to bring up your qr code nice and easily, so you can present it for scanning (to the person using VerificaC19).
ski holidays
@Pejoli,

So you reckon I scan my NHS QR code into it? That makes sense
ski holidays
Yes, the Green pass is a wallet that is very convenient for storing the QR code. You can either scan it from a print/screen shot, or you can import it from your stored files.

I had a pdf of my code sent to my phone, and also a copy sent to my email, as this was the easiest way of printing a copy.

The VerifaC19 reads the codes and tells you if it is valid. That is the app they will use to check your pass in Italy.

If you are in the Dolomites, then the Dolomitie app will also be required to validate your lift pass on a daily basis.

Quote:
"How to access the lifts in 3 steps

Skipass Purchase: the skipasses are available online and for those who do not have a smartphone or internet access, at the points of sale or accommodation facilities equipped with a skipass issuing system.

Skipass activation: The ski pass can be activated on our website dolomitisuperski.com by matching the personal data (name, surname, date of birth and ski pass number) with the Green Pass. It can be uploaded from the camera of your mobile phone or directly in the Dolomiti Superski app by loading the Green Pass from the photo gallery or the memory of the mobile phone and matching it to the skipass number stored in the skipass section of the app.
The procedure is valid for one day and can be speeded up by storing the QR code locally on the mobile phone.
Additionally, the app allows you to validate the skipasses of family members associated with your My Dolomiti profile, by matching their Green Pass to their skipass number. If you do not have a smartphone or internet access, you can validate the QR code every day at our points of sale.

Access to the lifts: Once the skipass has been activated, access to the lifts is guaranteed for the whole day without any further checks. "

Slight thread drift, but relevant to being able to ski. Very Happy
ski holidays
Be aware, that the NHS QR code expires after 30 days, so to avoid complications, make sure the copy you have is valid until your return date.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy