Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Make Up. Yes or No?

Poster: A snowHead
Town is full of Brit students with Rise Festival. Couldn't help noticing how many of them (girls anyway) are on the slopes with full make up. May be because skiing is just a side attraction to the partying.

Personally I go for the helmet hair, unshaven look with sun cream carelessly slapped on. My girlfriend doesn't use a lot of make up at all except when we go somewhere special. For skiing just a little cream, headband and sunnies.

So what is Snowheads verdict on this matter?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I always think anyone who can carry off make up...and ski...looks great. I can't. I am in awe of ladies who can wear lipstick instead of lip balm and don't need to look in the mirror to apply it
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have known quite a few teenage girls who race with full make up, doesn't have to mean that they are not serious about skiing.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tinted moisturizer with SPF factor. Tick.
Waterproof mascara. Tick. (Without mascara I have invisible eyelashes!).
Anything more is really too much faff.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don’t even wear makeup normally - last time was going to my SILs wedding two years ago
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Claude B, yes, you should wear more make-up.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bright red lippy, mascara and blue eyeliner. Gets me to the front of the lift queue every time Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There can be a few downsides to wearing make-up on the slopes:
1. Lack of sun protection. Yes, you can get make-up with it, but it's usually limited to about SPF 15-20 which may or may not be adequate. Applying makeup and sun cream doesn't really work as it just slides off.
2. If it's snowing or you wipe out, anything that's not completely waterproof will be smeared all over your face
3. If you manage to survive 2, the sauna will likely do a good job of melting it off if you don't have a good wash first.

Waterproof eyeliner and a bit of mascara is about as much as I'll bother with. Most of the women I ski with seem to think along the same lines, if they bother at all.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't know if makeup has changed or improved but the rule among elite sportswomen (according to Pauline Ferrand-Prevot) is "makeup, all the time, everywhere". I guess for professional sportwomen, looking good all the time is very important financially. The missus has just paid 36 euros for some lippy, so it is not cheap stuff !

ok it is difficult to appreciate Pauline's makeup efforts

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Many teenage girls can't do anything without full make up these days. Personally I find it just too much faff on top of all the other stuff you have to do in the morning before skiing - such as finding two suitable and vaguely matching socks and remembering which pocket to put your tissues in.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SunSense factor 50 daily face and a lip balm. Anything else is overkill. I wear it to go out in the evenings. All the younger folks at work all seem to be fully made up at all times. One said recently that she kind of regrets it now, as she doesn't feel 'dressed up' when she does go out.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
<shrug> each to their own. I think it looks stupid. Face paint.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Usually factor 15 quality moisturiser-so it doesn't make my eyes water if I smudge it into my eyes
I do slap on eyeliner and some mascara-though not waterproof, so often end up looking like a raccoon by mid morning.
Nothing else.
Helmet hair-tick-it's shortish so looks a right mess very easily-it gets washed after skiing rather than in the morning as I would usually when I'm going about the day job.
My main attempts to look half decent and sporty on the slopes is to wear a decent slim fitting shell jacket and some funky ski trousers-I really really try to avoid the "middle aged mumsy look" if I can.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i"m a 60 year old male and i am a crossdresser, and i like to slap on a bit of lippy when i"m skiing, i"m just hoping me wig dont fly off
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@compostcorner, did I bump into you a few years ago

snow report
Quote:

Waterproof eyeliner and a bit of mascara is about as much as I'll bother with

That's me when going out in the evening mode!
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

That's me whenever and wherever, plus factor 15 moisturiser and lippy (or just lip balm when skiing.) I've never put anything tinted like foundation, or whatever, on my skin. Maybe I should have, but it's a bit late now. Laughing
latest report
They are on the slopes, not in the bar, don’t think their priorities can be questioned.
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

That's me whenever and wherever, plus factor 15 moisturiser and lippy (or just lip balm when skiing.) I've never put anything tinted like foundation, or whatever, on my skin. Maybe I should have, but it's a bit late now. Laughing

Laughing I don't wear a lot of make-up either, and as it's not part of my routine anymore (the benefits of working from home, saves me a fortune!), I often forget even when I intend to wear it. Or I forget a vital item like mascara or lippy and go out looking a bit weird Laughing

I recently got sucked into a rabbit hole and ended up watching a make-up video by someone who had posted images of herself with and without. I was so intrigued that she was completely unrecognisable, that I wanted to see what she was doing. Foundation that goes on like emulsion followed by really heavy, high contrast products seemed to be the key, though I have to say that she was far more skilled at it than me.

I always love a ‘natural look’ article that begins “first take these twenty-seven products...”
latest report
I once bought a few products in the Body Shop (their hemp handcream is the best...) and was served by a young girl with good, but pretty elaborate, make up. Very fancy eyes. I asked her some advice and said I wasn't prepared to spend much time on make up. She said that it only took practice and that after plenty of practice she could do her morning make up in less than 40 minutes and that including time for the primer to set. I said that was about as much time as I'd spent in the last half century and she laughed. Nervously...... clearly thought I was totally batty. Am going out to a neighbourhood Christmas party shortly. Haven't even thought about what to wear yet, but have started preparation with a slice of toast and marmite and a glass of red wine. Another glass and I shan't give a sh !t
ski holidays
@pam w, I am also a hemp handcream fan.
snow report
@pam w,
Quote:

time for the primer to set
Shocked
snow report
That's what I thought, but apparently it only takes a few minutes. Aren't you glad? I have occasionally used a primer on bare metal or wood....
ski holidays
I still haven't decided (or even thought seriously about) what to wear tonight. Whatever it is will have to be compatible with sensible footwear as I'm likely to leave my car there and walk home. And any make up will have washed off by the time I get home in the rain, obviating that "cleanse thoroughly" routine they always talk about in magazines. Actually, I have a teetotal friend who will probably be at that party and offer to drive both me and her tipsy husband home as they live in my direction.
snow report
Dear Ladies, we can all see when you've got even a bit of makeup on. We honestly don't give two hoots about long eyelashes or coloured lips. Save your money unless you desperately need that guff on your face to feel nice.

With goggles and a helmet on over the top? Are you mental?

The latest craze for plastering your face with six layers of primer, two pack paint and lacquer is tremendous for a Ford mondeo but really isn't a good idea on your face, it just looks like you are desperately afraid of the rest of the world seeing your actual face or that you like wasting money, neither of which is attractive.
latest report
@Digger the dinosaur, aww Digger, so naïve! You still think make-up is for the men. Bless. wink
snow report
I'm good with makeup. I really struggle getting my eyebrows to that full TOWIE painted on, on fleek look though.
ski holidays
Why do women wear make up and perfume?

Because they are ugly and they smell.

The old jokes are the best Laughing Razz
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarlet wrote:
Or I forget a vital item like mascara or lippy and go out looking a bit weird Laughing

...hmm bit of a full toss but I'll resist swinging the bat at that one..... wink

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 17-12-19 19:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
@Digger the dinosaur, aww Digger, so naïve! You still think make-up is for the men. Bless. wink

Haha. So true.
snow conditions
Scarlet wrote:
You beat me to it!
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, depends how you feel about sleeping in the carpark NehNeh
latest report
Make up skiing? No chance! Skiing is a sport, I wouldn't wear make-up sailing, running or climbing, why would I wear it skiing?!
But then I am very firmly part of the eyeliner, mascara, spf15 moisturiser, and maybe a touch of lipstick counts as being made up brigade.
The one thing that does make me feel a bit smug though is when we've gone out on a really dull day, (not necessarily skiing), the sun has made a surprising appearance, and everyone's faces have gone pink except mine, cos my spf15 moisturiser has done it's thing Smile
latest report
If skiing mostly red pistes, with an occasional blue, the Aladdin Sane look fits well
snow conditions

ski holidays
Scarlet wrote:

I'm struggling with the motivation for spending an hour plastering chemicals across your face if it isn't somehow caused by the patriarchy Very Happy I get it might make someone feel better about themselves, but wouldn't they know that without all this war paint on they are still the same person underneath. This might be influenced by my general view that people that aren't wearing makeup are almost always much more attractive without it, so it seems like going to all that trouble to make yourself less attractive is, well, a bit odd.
latest report
Or for the mostly black piste, edgier snowslider...

snow report
Not forgetting the greens...

snow conditions
The sun is brutal. If any part of your face is exposed to sunlight you're doing it wrong
snow report
@Digger the dinosaur, if in hole, stop digging, Digger!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy