Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift pass refunds

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know the position/can give advice with regard to lift pass refunds in France. I emailed them last week when the news broke but then as a slap in the face they arrived on Saturday. Most of the T&Cs are in French and it's tricky to decipher. These are 6 day Portes Du Soleil passes for 27th Dec through Serma/Avoriaz.
Many thanks everyone.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@onefff, Does not directly help you but Alpe d'Huez, put this on their website last week,in english :-

last news Updated December 16, 2021
UK & French Governments changed rules for travel between France & UK. For more information, check out information on Consulate General of France in London
France in the United Kingdom – La France au Royaume-Uni (ambafrance.org)

As borders are closed by the Government, you are eligible to a 100% refund of your skipasses. More information on skiing area website
100% REFUND GUARANTEED AT NO COST – COVID-19 – Alpe d’Huez – Site Officiel – Hiver (alpedhuez.com)

The same lift company also run the lifts in Les Deux Alpes and la Grave so not a minor organisation.

Link to annoncement here :
https://www.alpedhuez.com/en/winter/covid/

Might help in your negociations.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
onefff wrote:
Does anyone know the position/can give advice with regard to lift pass refunds in France. I emailed them last week when the news broke but then as a slap in the face they arrived on Saturday. Most of the T&Cs are in French and it's tricky to decipher. These are 6 day Portes Du Soleil passes for 27th Dec through Serma/Avoriaz.
Many thanks everyone.

@onefff , We're supposed to be going to Morzine in January and emailed the Morzine ticket office (from where i'd bought them online in November) and they replied with this....

Quote:
It is indeed very sad news that the border is currently closed between the UK and France. We are very sad for all the people who have been trying unsuccessfully to go skiing since 2019.

We are all hoping the restriction will be temporary so I would suggest you hold out a couple of weeks until we have more news.

If you do decide to cancel your pass then you can request this by email.

Kind regards,

The sales team

contact@ski-morzine.com

+33 (0)4 50 79 00 38

www.morzine.ski
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's encouraging, it was a flat no refund from Morzine when I last emailed them about a refund a few weeks ago.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have booked through Serma Avoriaz for the PDS lift pass full area 8th Jan.
I emailed them to switch to March, which they have done, however now thinking of requesting refund due to the uncertainty of France still not letting us in even in March.

Shame, as I purchased 5 lift passes all at half price in the flash sale Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Grateful for this update regarding PDS passes, is there a time limit at all do you know ? .As I’d like
to leave as late as possible as got them on an early bird same with my flight.As a side note is the EasyJet
“I’ve not been vaccinated “ the only sure way of a refund? Is the unvaccinated ban something the
Swiss brought in recently? Thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Black Tusk wrote:
We have booked through Serma Avoriaz for the PDS lift pass full area 8th Jan.
I emailed them to switch to March, which they have done, however now thinking of requesting refund due to the uncertainty of France still not letting us in even in March.

Shame, as I purchased 5 lift passes all at half price in the flash sale Evil or Very Mad

When did the flash sale happen , do they do them often. Worth knowing for the future .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy