Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

An alternative to our French trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, any help or advice is much appreciated.

We had Morzine booked for the month of Jan had an Airbnb in the town and were planning on driving from the UK obviously that's all now cancelled.
Can anyone recommend somewhere as an alternative?

We are a couple snowboarding, really like the size of the port du soleil area and enjoy the town with different places to eat and shops etc... Unfortunately, won't be able to drive now (not a huge problem apart from all the stuff we wanted to take) I've been to Zell am See once when I was learning and I did like it there but that's all our Austrian experience.

We were planning on 1 month in the same area just to make the lift pass more efficient and now we won't have a car so moving around will be more of a hassle. (Considering St Anton at the moment)

Thanks for any tips Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not stay in the Swiss side of the PDS, e.g. Champery?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks yes have been considering this I don't know much about the places to stay on the Swiss side so now reading up Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Morgins a bit more out liftwise on a limb but a nice village
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
telford_mike wrote:

Endorse this, Champery a good base to ski PdS from. Train from Geneva airport too (maybe a change but fairly simple) right into village centre.

Big cable car from village straight to altitude for very easy access, good village atmosphere and scenery, some good places to eat too.

Alternatively, Nendaz for 4V ski area (train again and bus from station direct to ski village) interhome agency useful for apartment rental (good communication and very helpful via phone call to get easy perspective of availability) stayed here a few times https://www.booking.com/hotel/ch/apartment-victoria-1-2.en-gb.html as right next to home piste with walk out and ride down to lift in morning. Fair sized village with good mix of facilities, huge ski area.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, Verbier, obviously, as the hub of an area totalling 400Kms of pistes and great off-piste as well. Easily accessible by train and télépherique from right inside Geneva Airport, about 2½ hours transfer time, see the SBB timetable*. If that's a bit pricey you could go for a satellite like La Tzoumaz or Nendaz (mentioned above). If you stay inside Switzerland then you only have one set of rules and checks to deal with, and if you can get into the country, then odds are you can ski there too.

*Set 'from' to Genève-Aéroport and 'to' to Verbier (télécabine). Public transport to Verbier is pretty direct with regular trains, but if you go for a satellite you may find gaps in the schedule around lunchtime/early afternoon, so to organise flights, work your way backwards from your desired arrival time so you get to GVA early enough not to have to wait around en route.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 28-12-21 11:46; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
telford_mike wrote:

Does anyone know if there are there any checks to stop people from the UK skiing over to the French side?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the tips. I've read there are no checks to stop people Sking over. I've been trying to find out if there are any rules on how long you have to be out of the UK before you can go into France.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
is it possible to ski into the 3 valleys from outside france. Maybe i can smuggle me and my mate with all our kit into the digs that are waiting for us lol.....who would ever know. We can mix like The brits resident in france or all that travelled before we went red.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rob007, 3v isn't on the border but La Rossiere is pretty nearby and is connected to La Thuile in Italy.

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy