Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heathrow Drop off T5 - now £5

Poster: A snowHead
Appears from signage on the lanes leading to the drop off area at T5 (and latterly being used as a pick up area too as traffic was so light they weren’t enforcing drop off only) that the money gougers running Heathrow are now charging you £5 to drop off when this was formerly free. Also confirmed on their website

Now only 10p less than the first half an hour in the terminal’s short stay car park.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Same for Gatwick
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ster wrote:
Appears from signage on the lanes leading to the drop off area at T5 (and latterly being used as a pick up area too as traffic was so light they weren’t enforcing drop off only) that the money gougers running Heathrow are now charging you £5 to drop off when this was formerly free. Also confirmed on their website

Now only 10p less than the first half an hour in the terminal’s short stay car park.

Sadly its been like that since the beginning of November. For short trips on BA, Pod parking at T5 is at times the best value and less for us than getting a taxi to and from Heathrow.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Same for most UK airports. It is still free to drop-off in the Long Stay car park, and the passengers get the bus. (No charge for a stay less than 30 minutes).

Note also that terminal charging is based on ANPR, not barriers. You can pay only by card/phone, and if you don't pay (within a limited time) expect to get an £80 PCN (reducible to £40).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Took the old man to Gatwick last week. First time heading there since the dreaded C word.

£5 to drop off for a max of 10 minutes or £11 to park in short-stay, give him a proper goodbye and grab a coffee on the way out. Hated paying full stop but I refuse to pay £5 to "drop off". Is that cutting your nose to spite your face? Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Same at Stansted but free for a period in the midstay and bus to terminal
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I know the feeling Laughing
I showed my youngest son how much I loved him a few months ago when I paid for the drop off rather than dumping at the long stay parking and running....
Of course I was spending his inheritance but it's the thought that counts
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pieman666 wrote:
I know the feeling Laughing
I showed my youngest son how much I loved him a few months ago when I paid for the drop off rather than dumping at the long stay parking and running....
Of course I was spending his inheritance but it's the thought that counts

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@DJL, £7 at Stansted for me today!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Both Bristol & Cardiff people just wait in the side lanes for the passenger to walk down
Probably looks like a dogging spot Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flew in and out of Luton in November and loads of people park and wait in the road by the Ibis and Courtyard Hotels.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@LOTA, when I’ve been to Luton before, a lot of people do that to wait for a call from whoever they’re collecting so they don’t end up spending too long at the pick up. They then drive up to the pick up point.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
£3 at Birmingham and has been for a long time.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rip off Britain at its finest. Money grabbers with no scruples the lot of them Evil or Very Mad
Quote:
£5 to drop off for a max of 10 minutes or £11 to park in short-stay, give him a proper goodbye and grab a coffee on the way out. Hated paying full stop but I refuse to pay £5 to "drop off". Is that cutting your nose to spite your face?
It is indeed! Love it!! Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Both Bristol & Cardiff people just wait in the side lanes for the passenger to walk down
Probably looks like a dogging spot Toofy Grin

Same at every layby within 3 miles of Leeds Bradford. At least it's rural!
snow report
mountainaddict wrote:
Rip off Britain at its finest. Money grabbers with no scruples the lot of them Evil or Very Mad

A fiver is hardly money grabbing is it? I mean, can't have been too easy running a major international airport lately!

Stansted is THE rip off - the other day I had to pick someone up and got shafted £20 for a short stay while I waitind in the plague infested and dimly lit terminal. Today, on the other hand, it was only £5.10 at Heathrow T2 and all very civilised. (I'm not a taxi driver)
snow conditions
Quote:

£3 at Birmingham and has been for a long time.

IIRC you get 30 minutes free at Birmingham. You only have to pay if you miss the turnoff to the drop off and pick up zone.
snow report
@Pruman, was that £20 for half an hour at Stansted, as that’s what you’re equating it to when comparing it to the £5.10 at Heathrow? If so that’s pretty extortionate.
snow conditions
ster wrote:
@Pruman, was that £20 for half an hour at Stansted, as that’s what you’re equating it to when comparing it to the £5.10 at Heathrow? If so that’s pretty extortionate.

Best bet at Stansted is to park in mid stay for free and have arriving passenger get the bus to meet you (or you can get the bus to the terminal to meet them).

I park up at the rest area 5 mins away from Stansted and wait for a call saying “we’re off the plane” then head round to the mid stay. I think 60 mins in the mid stay is free for drop off or pick up.
snow report
Quote:
A fiver is hardly money grabbing is it?
For all of 2 minutes to drop somebody off?? Shocked It is in my book! Laughing
snow conditions
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

I thought it was a bit rich as it went from zero to £5 in one fell swoop.
snow report
ster wrote:

At Stansted I just tipped over the 30 mins - website says £18 but I distinctly remember it starting with a 2 and £20 is in my head. At H'row T2 I snuk under the 30 mins for my £5.10. Above that was £8 something.

mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

Actually I'm amazed that they didn't try for more. There must have been a meeting where some thrusting young exec said "why not a tenner" and frankly they would have easily got away with it. What's the alternative? Taxis, even Uber, are getting v pricey. Heathrow Express is now £22 pp and then you need onward travel from there. Or there's the tube but takes forever. No, when you weigh it all up a fiver is a bargain.
latest report
When I went to LHR, STN, LGW etc I had a limousine and chauffeur, even though I had a normal job. Companies will just be charged for the price of it and not care and the public will not have too much of an option.
snow conditions
For waiting at Luton airport I used to go over to a trading estate nearer Luton. There was a Toys'RUs and several 'warehouse' shops there and a coffee/snack van, while I waited for the phone call to say we're out of customs and on way.
latest report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
When I went to LHR, STN, LGW etc I had a limousine and chauffeur............

Is that the same as an airport taxi? Laughing You didn't half make my Valet, Chef and Head Gardener laugh.

But, yes, the cost will just get absorbed and most won't notice. Interestingly, licensed black cabs get a 100% discount but sounds like it doesn't apply to others like Uber, Addison Lee etc.
snow report
DJL wrote:
ster wrote:

Best bet at Stansted is to park in mid stay for free and have arriving passenger get the bus to meet you (or you can get the bus to the terminal to meet them).

I park up at the rest area 5 mins away from Stansted and wait for a call saying “we’re off the plane” then head round to the mid stay. I think 60 mins in the mid stay is free for drop off or pick up.

That's what I do at Stansted and Luton. Kind of assumed all airports operated like that these days.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy