Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel back to the UK by car

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What is the score driving back to the UK from Austria through Swiss to Calais ? from what I can see it is allowed with just the requirement of fit to travel test in preceding 48hrs
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Thunderer21, you’ll also need Day 2 PCR booked ready for PLF to show to enter UK
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Boris, got that !!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I drove back alone from Saalbach to the UK last Friday (24/12) via Germany and France, I am double vaxed. Border locations were Lofer and Baden-Baden.

@tatmanstours

1) It is OK to drive through Germany, no additional tests/paperwork (as you say CH is OK too but added 3 hours to my journey):

(Credit to @Doccam)

https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/faqs/EN/topics/civil-protection/coronavirus/coronavirus-faqs.html#doc13797140bodyText1
- Section "IV. Restrictions applying to air and sea travel outside of Europe (entering Germany from countries that do not belong to the European Union)"
- "When is transit through Germany permitted?":

"Transit to another EU member state or Schengen state" and

"Citizens of countries outside of the EU may enter Germany to travel to another EU member state or another Schengen state as their country of final destination if the following conditions are met:

- the traveller remains in Germany (as country of transit) only as long as absolutely necessary to travel directly to the country of destination or another transit country;
- the traveller is permitted to enter the country of destination or another transit country (in accordance with Annex I or II of the Council Recommendation of 30 June 2020 or with individual confirmation of permission to enter issued by the country of destination).

Under these conditions, citizens of countries outside of the EU may also enter Germany by air and travel overland to their country of destination."

2) It is OK to drive through France, statement of honour required, no additional test above UK48 Antigen:

(From the Eurotunnel site)

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/list-of-pressing-grounds-for-travel-to-from-the-united-kingdom

"List of pressing grounds for travel to/from the United Kingdom"
"To the UK"
"Foreign nationals returning to their countries."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I used Qured for Antigens and Randox for PCR.

- Qured have been very consistent and efficient but could not do PCRs over Xmas

- Randox have been very hardwork, they are email only and as their emails are not getting through to me I am having to spend >1hr a call to sort things out (Options 3 and 3 are the best in my experience, very helpful team when you get through)

- Both Austria and France have on-demand PCR testing at local Chemists for £20/test with results in an hour or so, this makes it OK for these countries to expect PCRs instead of Antigen. The fact we are being rinsed over Covid testing is one for us to sort out with our Govt.

I used my NHS QR codes saved to my Apple wallet, dose 2 worked in both Austria and France.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy