Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Repair of Ski pole tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I've got a very sweet pair of skinny graphite poles from from a company I have never heard of "ELVWA"
but the tip has broken off one of the poles ... just below the basket threaded thingy.

DO you think its something that can be repaired?
I dont mind if they have ti be shortened, I want to take them down to 115cm anyway.

I'll try to attach a picture.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I very much doubt it....but I could be mistaken.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some brands of carbon poles have replaceable parts, Komperdell do.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Leki sell replaceable pole tips- generally for hiking poles , they just push on, but you'd have to make sure they would fit the pole diameter at the tip end.
https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/trekking-poles-c67/trekking-pole-accessories-c170/leki-replacement-trekking-pole-flex-tips-short-pair-p2826
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DrLawn, are you sure you’ve definitely spelt that right? Google doesn’t bring up anything even close Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi @Scarlet,
Thats what it says and your right, mystery poles.
I'll try and add another pic

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The make is irrelevant, I've posted the solution already ^
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This can easily be repaired/replaced. Only problem is, where to get tips. I have one bag of them at home, which I got straight from racing service, but I don't know where you can actually buy them as "normal user". Once you get spare tips, it's really easy one... Put pole in boiling water until glue gets soft, drag old tip off, add some glue and put new tip (also "cooked" in boiling water that it gets soft) on. I normally don't bother with boiling water, but use heat gun, but for doing this with carbon poles, you need a bit of experience, so boiling water is much safer.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@primoz, You can buy parts from race shops in France, Ski Clinic and Ultrafun sell them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @Roguevfr, +@primoz, + @rjs,
That gives me a bit of confidence,
I'll take them with me when I go to my local ski shop near Cambridge.
They seem to cover all sorts of eventualities there.

I don't want to waste these poles if I can avoid it, I found them sticking out of a litter bin in Kaprun.
I like that type of pole ... pencil thin and sturdy .. till the tip breaks off Very Happy

I'll report back if I can get them fixed.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy