Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Diagnosis of Covid in France

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know what happens to one if you get diagnosis of Covid in France, or positive test on way home?

Specifically:
Can you go out for daily "exercise"?
Can you shop for essentials?
I assume use of all ski lifts is out
If one of your group is positive and you are negative, can you go out? Shop? Use ski lifts? Or you must isolate? What are close contact rules?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Joke post, yes?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@NickYoung, I believe Peanuthead is based in Ireland.. (unlike God's county..)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickYoung, look at some of his other contributions then decide
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No serious post.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Based on my experience of the PSB, nobody really knew. I took this to mean that nobody wanted to contemplate the possibility of catching Covid and therefore chose not to consider the ramifications!

I'm pretty sure that skiing and skilifts are out!

I guess that you could hole-up in your existing accommodation, as there are a lot of empty beds at the moment. Then again, I read an excerpt from the Telegraph where a family faced rendition to a gulag for testing positive......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't get it.

If you have covid and are required to isolate...you have to isolate.

No?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At home many people isolating do go out for walks (not stopping to talk to anyone), although strictly you're not supposed to there seems to be acknowledgement many would go stark mad if confined to a room when they feel quite well. Is that something that would happen in France?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry for what seems like stupid post. I think this omicron thing is going to go around like common cold in next few weeks. It might he impossible not to catch it... I think many many people are going to have positive tests when they are coming home. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if 10-20% of people don't test positive at peak. UK modelling of peak 2m cases in a day may not be so off the charts.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@peanuthead, not at all a stupid question, rules vary, but you could have used a more appropriate title - I thought it was going to be a question about HOW C is diagnosed in France ...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My tour operator said we would have had to self-isolate - they would have provided the accommodation (at our expense) and we would have had to arrange and make our own way home, at the end of the period. Imagine it would have been costly, difficult, frustrating and stressful.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I found this from August 21

upload pictures
Not sure if it's still the rule.
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Covid-rules-When-are-you-required-to-self-isolate-in-France
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@pieman666, that's very interesting. So that suggests they do allow you out for 2 hour exercise per day's, and vaccinated close contacts don't self isolate (though it's possible latter has changed with omicron, here it has)
Happy Christmas btw!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes having been inside for 6 days isolating I'd of loved being allowed out for a walk.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So on a related scenario for us in the UK - our plan B was to wait until France opened back up, and then drive to resort, on the vague notion that if either of us tested positive on our ‘fit to fly’ return LFTs we’d be able to exfiltrate ourselves back home and quarantine there (with a relatively clear conscience of being isolated in the car all the way back).

Would this plan work though? The French authorities wouldn’t be aware, so we wouldn’t get detained, but would euro tunnel prevent us boarding?. (Looking at the gov website, I can’t see anywhere that defines this - you have to take an LFT before travel, but it doesn’t *actually* spell out the ramifications if that’s positive - unlike the day 2 PCR which is defined in great detail). Common sense suggests you wouldn’t be allowed in - otherwise what’s the point - but I wonder what actual experience has been?
snow conditions
The gov site says.

“Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing before you travel to England
You need proof of a negative COVID-19 test to travel to England from abroad.”

It would appear that as this is its only purpose then the only ramification is refusal to be transported as unless you are using a decathlon dingy you’ll be reliant on train/ferry/plane and the carrier should check and refuse carriage.

I doubt if there is much actual experience of trying travel either without a test or a positive result as I guess negative tests are only being presented, one way or another.
snow report
So basically a Decathlon dingy or looking for some shady individuals in Calais
snow report
Ahh - somehow managed to miss that page https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england#history.

Dinghy it is then - will add it to the Decathlon sale order.

Merry Xmas!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy