Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Refund to credit card

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There are probably a lot of us who are in a situation where the TO makes a refund to a credit card for a cancelled holiday. We paid with a credit card from John Lewis and they are saying that the large refund (for the family of 6 holiday) has to be used as payment towards other spends on the credit card and the cash can’t be taken out of the credit card other than for purchasing goods.

Interested to hear how others have managed this situation or am I missing a way that I can withdraw the funds from the credit card to a bank account? I think that have a large cash surplus on a credit card also has a negative impact on a persons credit rating - please correct me if I am wrong with thisHopefully this thread well help others as well.
I did search for info on this and couldn’t find a specific thread so apologies if I missed it and this is a duplication.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you in Credit on the credit card? or have they used the refund to pay off other debt on the credit card?
If in Credit, then they should pay you back what you are in credit. If they wont, then cancel the card & they have to pay back!

If in Debt to the credit card, then it would be used to pay those debts. It is a PITA, especially if you have other people's money in that refund.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MogulMonkey, thats been the case when I’ve had refunds to credit cards. I think there was one exception ages ago when I got a credit back off the cc into my bank account but the was with a bank you could actual talk to and who were a bit more customer oriented than the usual bunch and had the both the cc and current account with.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got a credit back on ...I think...my Halifax. I just requested it online
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm with HSBC and they transferred into my current account in a few days......
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies and we always pay of the card each month.

Just got to speak with a 3rd person at JL and it was a 30second call..as soon as the funds have been issued to the credit card and cleared we can then request the refund from JL and it will be refunded to the ‘recognised’ bank account that we use to pay the monthly bills from.
Why is it always so easy and straightforward when you get to speak with someone that knows what they are talking about rather than an inexperienced person who does not know the answer but tries to BS the answer .
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A result !

"..Why is it always so easy and straightforward when you get to speak with someone that knows what they are talking about.."

I found this in their T&C's

"...You must try not to pay into the account more than you owe us.
We will refund any credit on your account. We will not normally allow you to spend it.."
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When CoVID first hit I had the opposite problem. I didn’t want the money back, I wanted to leave it on the card until I spent it - but after a couple of months they wrote to me wanting to pay the remaining credit balance back. Because of CoVID it took me longer than normal to eventually spend it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Why is it always so easy and straightforward when you get to speak with someone that knows what they are talking about rather than an inexperienced person who does not know the answer but tries to BS the answer .

Ask to speak to a "supervisor"!

The worst BS I've got was, the "phone person" gave me a bunch of cr@p I knew wasn't true. So I asked the "usual" of speaking to a supervisor. She answer: "I'll get you to a supervisor. But I'm sure she'll tell you just what I told you!"

I nearly wanted to reply: "guess you won't be a supervisor any time soon". But I held my tongue as I didn't want to prolong a pointless conversation with this clueless person another second longer...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had refunds on a credit card. I wanted to leave it there for future use. my card issuer said that was against the regs and they weren't allowed to keep credit
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy