Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur - Lift Pass Query & Other Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Subject to the ever changing rules we are planning to fly out to Courmayeur on Sunday morning.

I understand we get 2 days in other Aosta Valley resorts with our 6 day lift pass. I would be very grateful for any recommendations for day trips and suggestions as to best means of transport to / from other resorts as we will not have a car. Cervinia is a fair trek, but I think we would be willing to make a day of it... We are experienced skiers, but prefer to stay off the harder blacks! Limited off-piste skills...

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Thuile would be the obvious one as it's not very far away and (I think) it has a direct bus service.

I would imagine Pila might also have a direct bus (to Aosta, then get the gondola up).

Cervinia is the other obvious candidate for a day out, but I would say it's less likely to be accessible by public transport without missing out on skiing time. Unless you splashed out on a taxi!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes last thuile is great and if transport links work it’s definitely worth your 2 days. Pila is doable as above but would take a while on a bus. I’d say cervinia is too far. Other option is bus through tunnel to chamonix but that isn’t going to be doable at the moment.

There’s other non ski options like the lift up monte bianco and the spa also.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As others have said Pila (Bus to Aosta take telecabine) and La Thuile (direct bus), are good options. Cervinia, would be a challenge to get there and back in one day, maybe time for lunch but that would be early bus out and late bus back.....or taxi ( it is 2+ hours one way in a car on a dry empty road).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another vote for La Thuile - friends did it a couple of seasons ago, from Courmayeur, and had a great day. I’ve skied and stayed there and would be happy to go again.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Richie456, we have been going to Courmayuer for the last few years, there are different options of pass you can get, we have bought the Aosta pass which allows access to any resort on any day, we had a car so access was easy, plus the Skyway which is worth doing later on on one day, check the last lift time and get one which will allow 30 mins at the top station if you do.
Using public transport La Thuile and Pila are the most realistic options, La Thuile is about 30 mins and Aosta for Pila an hour, both a a good day out, in 2020 we did 3 days in La Thuile, 1 in Pila and 3 in Courmayuer.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all, that's so helpful. I think we will try and do 1 day in La Thuile and 1 day in Pila depending on weather! Just hoping the Italians do not bring in more restrictions which might kybosh the trip as we fly early on Sunday morning!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rent a car locally.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You are going to need some diversion at Courmayeur. It's pretty, but if you aren't able to access the off-piste potential, you'll ski all the pistes in a day or two.

Definitely do La Thuile, maybe Pila if you don't mind sitting on a bus for an hour each way and the 20min gondola ride up. If not, do La Thuile again! Cervinia is too far from Courmayeur, esp if you don't have wheels.

Not sure whether you'll be able to cross into France (La Rosiere) or not given the ban on UK tourists, but never seen any border guards or been asked to show ID whenever I've crossed there. If you slip in, you may be the only Brits skiing in France!! wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If it's helps, I've just seen another thread on here stating the link to La Rosiere is open with no checks.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Valluga wrote:
If it's helps, I've just seen another thread on here stating the link to La Rosiere is open with no checks.

Shhh! Don't tell Monsieur le President!! Laughing

He's busy at the moment readying his new range of perfumes 'Eau Macron', guaranteed to open doors for you (and close borders! Shocked )
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy