Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

return to uk PCR post covid infection

Poster: A snowHead
so if you travel anywhere and return to the uk you have to do a PCR within 2 days. what if you have had covid in the month before you come home...as in you had covid in the uk. recovered, travelled then returned. the PCR is likely to pick this up as positive still due to antibodies still being in your system. gov advice says you cant take a pcr test for 90 days. so does this mean you cant travel for 90 days ? in all other scenarios , like the in country requirements for Austria, then recovered from covid (with proof) negates the need for PCR. i am confused ! help !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's not quite what the gov.uk guidance for England says:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

The key section is under the heading "Testing after your isolation period has ended." It specifically says that you should still have a PCR "if you are required to take a PCR test upon entry into the UK." (I agree it doesn't seem entirely logical).

Basically, as I understand it, there is a chance that you will test positive on a PCR for a while after you've recovered, as there might be bits of virus still in your system. (NB PCR looks for virus fragments not antibodies). I don't know what the likelihood of still testing positive is.

I traveled abroad about 5wks after a +ve PCR. I was concerned about having to do a pre departure PCR or having to do a PCR overseas, as I didn't want to have to cancel my holiday or even worse have to isolate abroad. The 0-2 days return PCR didn't worry me so much, as the worst that couldn't happen was having to isolate at home. In the event I tested -ve.

It would be interesting if anyone knows the likelihood of testing +ve after recovery. I guess there's at least some risk that a 0-2 day return PCR comes back +ve and you've got to decide if you are ok with that risk.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@backhojo, you would need to quarantine on arrival in Austria if you have not had a booster vaccination. This is regardless of previous infection status.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mankei wrote:
@backhojo, you would need to quarantine on arrival in Austria if you have not had a booster vaccination. This is regardless of previous infection status.

I am not sure that is correct. the info is confusing and some translations dont help. some sources say that recovered status , with proof ,removes the need for pcr
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sugarmoma666,

its a mess. "Anyone who has received a positive (PCR) COVID-19 test result should not be re-tested (LFT or PCR) within 90 days of that test unless they develop any new symptoms of COVID-19. This is because if you have tested positive for COVID-19, you will probably have developed some immunity to the disease"

so if this is the case why the heck do you need it for travel. in our situation my son is double jabbed plus recovered. which ought to give similar immunity to triple jabbed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@backhojo, What @Mankei, says is correct I believe.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@backhojo, I am Austrian and reading the information in German from the government website. The entry rules are 2G+, which means either recovered within 6 months or fully vaccinated PLUS a negative PCR test from 72 hours or less. A further booster vaccination removes the need for the additional PCR test. Without this, there is a need for quarantine.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@backhojo, Why dont you just get the booster and then you dont need the PCR test.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chick wrote:
@backhojo, Why dont you just get the booster and then you dont need the PCR test.

its my son who is the problem. he is 18 and only just become eligible for the booster. he had it booked for yesterday, but tested positive for covid on friday so had to cancel as you cant have the booster if you have covid. you also cant get the booster for 4 weeks after having had covid as the effectiveness of the booster will be reduced by the virus you still have in your system. the nhs website advises you not have a PCR for 90 days post infection. this is where the issue lies. he is double jabbed and will be post infection. this makes him extremely unlikely to get/transmit the virus - probably about the same s someone who is boosted. its all politics and admin and the science is skewed.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@backhojo, Just after testing positive today and was due my booster Tomorrow. Heading to Zell on Jan 15th so not much chance of a clear PCR. Will just have to see if I can source a booster before I go or else hope that Austria entry rules go back to 2G or amend the 2G+ to accept the recovery cert as equal to the booster as every other country in the EU does .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
so this PCR test you need for entry if you dont have the booster - can it be a UK purchased postal PCR from someone like Randox health ? as long as its done in the 72hrs before you travel ? doesnt have to be done on austrian soil ? and then once you are there its 2G only so if you are double vaxed then you dont have to do anything all week (except show your NHS proof of 2 x vax)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, because you’ll probably have to show it to board in the UK. Randox have been excellent the few times I’ve used them pre-departure.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@backhojo, it looks like you might be exempt. Check the Austria thread and corresponding info from the Austrian govt in the morning for an update – it’s still a bit muddled, but getting tidied up.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mankei wrote:
@backhojo, I am Austrian and reading the information in German from the government website. The entry rules are 2G+, which means either recovered within 6 months or fully vaccinated PLUS a negative PCR test from 72 hours or less. A further booster vaccination removes the need for the additional PCR test. Without this, there is a need for quarantine.

Who is allowed to enter the country without a negative molecular biological test ( e.g. PCR )?Inhalt zuklappen

Due to a previous infection with SARS-CoV-2, there is the possibility of a positive molecular biological test result ( e.g. PCR test) even after recovery. Therefore, there is for people who have recovered in the last 90 days of COVID-19, since 03 August 2021 the possibility of a medical certificate in accordance with Annex H or Annex I boast.

Furthermore, people who have a vaccination certificate that they have received a further dose (“booster”) are exempt from the obligation to test.

(12/20/2021, 7:00 AM)
https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Haeufig-gestellte-Fragen/FAQ-Einreise-nach-Oesterreich.html

Mankei - can you read the above in German and see if its translating well via google...also I dont understand the ref to Annex H and I...seem to be example certificates ? not sure how we get one of these in the UK ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@backhojo, Annex I has the English recovery certificate. If you have not already received something from your house doctor, you can print this one and it can be completed and signed.
latest report
Mankei wrote:
@backhojo, Annex I has the English recovery certificate. If you have not already received something from your house doctor, you can print this one and it can be completed and signed.

thanks
there is no such thing in the UK of a recovery certificate. all we have is proof of infection on the NHS app, which for some reason is not acceptable. looking at the practicalities though its looks like the UK airline check the "proof" of recovery before travel so a certificate in German is not much use. its a mess. the airline check in staff wont have a clue about this exemption for recovered people and I suspect they will ask for negative PCR. this will result in much discussion and presenting of internet evidence that this is not required.
ski holidays
FWIW Lady S and I had COVID in early November, and will need to PCR before flying to the UK (from Finland) on Boxing Day.

As others have said, the advice post infection is not to test for 90 days unless you have new symptoms. Will see what happens.

Incidentally, we have “recovery” passes amongst our NHS travel COVID QR codes, but all the restaurants and (non-essential) shops in Finland want to see are the two/three vaccination codes.

LS
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy