Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booster Jab appears in NHS App and in Covid Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Good news.

The NHS App is now showing my third (booster) jab, correctly.

The new Travel QR code has also loaded successfully into the French TAC to update.

So it looks like this will not now be a problem after 15th December, for those of us like me (over 65 who have vaccination programs completed more than 6 months plus 5 weeks previous to their return date) who would otherwise have found our Covid Pass deactivated whilst being in France over mid-late December. Very Happy

Anyone else?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Me too Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 19-11-21 20:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It’s been a while coming but the change was made today - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/boosters-to-be-added-to-nhs-covid-pass-for-travel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mines there too
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scotland is again left behind.
My parents had their boosters last month but cant prove it yet.
Looks like their planned visit prior to Christmas could hit a problem.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@muppet, Wales has an app update with the booster on the 29th Nov. Does Scotland have its own app; or, like Wales, is it piggy backed on the NHS one? Worth checking.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Charliegolf, Scotland has a completely different app, our government paid a Danish company a large amount of money for a covid app because it would apparently take 12 months for Scotland to integrate with the other UK covid apps.
Parents are ranting about the situation but my husband is secretly happy that they can’t visit.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
had my booster at 2pm yesterday , pfizer, as with my first two AZ vaccines no side affects whatsoever. checked the NHS app first thing this morning and it has appeared in all my records, including travel and domestic passes.
printed out a screenshot and have successfully loaded up the travel pass on to both the French and swiss apps.
Smile Smile Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Booster yesterday and in the app when I loaded it my phone this morning. I must say that the NHS is doing a fantastic job despite government taking all the credit.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@terrygasson,

Please explain how you've "loaded the travel pass to both the French & Swiss Apps"?

Actually which French & Swiss Apps are you refering to? I thought I only needed to hand in my Swiss Passenger Locator Form (paper copy) in at Geneva Airport and then give the French the paper copy of Health Declaration (self certification of not having Covid).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@welshflyer, The Tous Anti Covid app (TAC)- the French 'covid passport'. The app is on apple or play store. Download, and scan and upload the QR codes from the NHS covid app, and it should accept it. Now you can be scanned by the 'providers'' version of TAC at lifts, cafes, shops etc. I guess it means the NHS one is redundant when in country?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Charliegolf,

Thank you, I'm not very good at working my smart phone. I'll have to work out how to scan and upload the QR code from the NHS App to the TAC.

Still not sure if there's also a Swiss App equivalent of the TAC?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Personally I'm going to download a paper copy of my cert the day before I take the booster, then a second copy once the booster is shown on the app.

The reason is that there's some small print in one country with snow which says your vaccination needs to have been completed at least 14 days before travel. The intent is clear, but I'd not want to arrive there and have a bureaucrat look at the date of my booster (less than 14 days...) and confuse that with the date of my double-vaccination (more than 14 days...). I don't need the booster to be legal, but I'd like to have it and not have bureaucratic problems.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Charliegolf, is Wales getting an app? Or is it just the online login website one we have now…? As that isn’t showing boosters yet.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rjj501, Wales piggy backs off the English NHS app

https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk

You can find your way through it here. The booster will appear on 'Welsh' version of passes on 29th Nov. Allegedly.
snow conditions
I have just loaded my boosted status onto the Tous Anti Covid app as @Charliegolf, says by simply scanning the English QR code. It was suprisingly easy. However, I don't trust mobile phones so will still carry the paper qr code with me.
snow report
@welshflyer, sorry havent answered earlier, as @Charliegolf, said for the french tous app.

i took a screenshot of my booster qr code in the travel pass section of NHS app, then scanned the code on to the french app.

there is a swiss equivalent, search for "swiss covid certificate" on the apple store, and it should be first one found, i downloaded it some time ago and just updated with my recent booster code.

the french app is all singing and dancing with balloons exploding on the screen when your code is validated Very Happy Very Happy

like others, i have added the passes to my apple wallet, so no data required, and will also print them out nearer the date of travel, so i have a hard copy to hand just in case
snow conditions
Thanks @Charliegolf…! Hopefully on the 29th boosters will show up there. And I’ll keep my fingers crossed that I get mine in the appropriate timescale for planned trips! Haha
snow conditions
Partial good news. It's good that the over 65s, NHS staff (who were early jabbed) and other early vaxxed categories, can now prove their 3rd dose.

But under 16s are still 100% entirely locked out of the Covid Pass on the app and can't prove their recovery or their jabs, with not even a mention from the Gov as to when they might get of their backsides and allow access. All the data is there.

Another shower of excrement with an incompetent half complete solution.
ski holidays
@welshflyer, I haven't been following the conversation, but if you need it (largely to get into bars/restaurants in Switzerland) then the Swiss app is called "Covid Certificate".
snow conditions
@welshflyer, you don’t need the Swiss app as the NHS England App QR , if you have that, is acceptable in Switzerland if you downloaded it after 1 November. You can load it into the Swiss app to check it will be accepted but you don’t need to, they can read it directly now.
ski holidays
muppet wrote:
Scotland is again left behind.
My parents had their boosters last month but cant prove it yet.
Looks like their planned visit prior to Christmas could hit a problem.

Not clear what you mean by 'again left behind', but it's expected that booster jag status will have been added to the NHS Scotland app at the start of December so that really shouldn't affect Xmas travel plans. Considering the explosion of COVID cases, and the proliferation of lockdowns in Europe, I'd have thought whether borders will be open at all should be a far bigger concern for your parents.
snow report
@Fat George, yes, on my NHS app too. Thanks very much for the heads-up.
snow report
Anyone tried to use the online Covid Pass for international travel? It says it needs up to 7 days to confirm your identity but when I click the button all I get is a grey screen and no idea if it's started the process or not.
snow report
Have you just signed up for the app? If so then it was pretty quick to confirm from what I remember a couple of days.
snow conditions
@altis, If I recall correctly, it needs to confirm some info with your GP records so might need someone to press a few buttons when the surgery is open. Think mine took 2 working days.
snow report
My COVID booster on the app seems to have "displaced" one of my original jabs so now I only have one of the original ones showing and the booster I had on Friday on the international pass. It also won't let me download a domestic COVID pass, I assume as it doesn't think I am two weeks from my "second" jab. On my GP records, all three are showing in the immunisations section. Is this normal or do I need to get in touch with the helpine to get all three to show on the domestic/international pass?
ski holidays
@pieman666, no, I don't think they do a Symbian version Wink

I was trying to use the online version. All I want to do is print off a QR code that lasts more than 3 days.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@DrNo, if you're having a problem, I do recommend using this link, to which motyl directed me: https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app/nhs-app-help-and-support/nhs-app-technical-information/technical-issues-with-the-nhs-app/ They solved my problem - which turned out to be of my own making - quickly, efficiently and with very good grace. Impressive.
snow report
@Hurtle, thanks for that, will try and work out if this is how it is supposed to work but if it isn’t, will try that link!
ski holidays
My booster appeared overnight as 1 of 3 QR codes.
latest report
My booster appeared the same day I had it. It displays as 3 of 3, however, the first still appears as 1 of 2 and the second as 2 of 2 rolling eyes .
snow conditions
Hmm, OK thanks all, will give it a few days to see if it sorts itself and then use @Hurtle’s, link to see if I can fix it!
ski holidays
The French anticovid app shows my booster vaccination as the vaccination date of the last injection and 6 months later will take me to mid april - almsot the end of the ski season.
snow report
I'm going to Tignes in April 22, when I will have had my 2nd jab over six months ago.

Would I be right in thinking by this time my pass will have expired potentially unless I get my booster before then?

Hopefully the booster gets rolled out quickly and I can get mine before I go (I'm 29)... but if not and they require your last dose to be within 6 months what would my options be?

Thanks
latest report
@DanB234, At the moment the French are only requiring boosters for over 65s. In 5 months time everything could have changed and probably will have, but there is no point in worrying about it now. Just stay safe and look after yourself
snow report
@johnE, Oh are they... so I guess as long as we stay ahead of France with the roll out, in theory I should be ok fingers crossed. Thank you
ski holidays
maggi wrote:
My booster appeared the same day I had it. It displays as 3 of 3, however, the first still appears as 1 of 2 and the second as 2 of 2 rolling eyes .

Why yes, it does - I was so pleased to see that the booster was showing on the app that I hadn’t noticed that.
ski holidays
Mr Mogulski and I fall into the Scottish App problem. We are booked for Les Arcs early January and Crystal have just sent the advice that we need record of our boosters to enter France as we are over 65. We have both had them but the wonderful Scottish App only records the first 2 doses. We had problems over the difference between English and Scottish regs for travel earlier in the year and our MP got it sorted. Have now spent the morning passing the problem to our MSP (part of SNP government who created the mess), our MP (very helpful Labour), feedback on the NHS Inform scottish site and to Crystal asking how we resolve it.
Crystal allows free changes up to 28 days before travel but until the app is resolved we cannot enter France or Austria and there are no cheap holidays to Switzerland or Italy when we hoped to travel. We had a cheap 4 nights in Les Arcs for £369 each half board, flights and transfer and MrM gets a free ski pass so it was going to be a nice few days for the start of the season.
ski holidays
Now had a reply from our MSP and they are 'working at putting boosters on the Scottish NHS Inform App'. His email says by December 2021 but I wonder when? Spent almost an hour on Chat with Crystal trying to resolve what happens if we don't get boosters put on our Covis Pass in time. They don't seem to realise that Scotland has a different App from the rest of the UK.
We can supposedly change to another holiday before Monday 6th December but there are no countries we can enter without the booster showing on our App. France need it if you are over 65(we are), Austria for all travellers, Swiss won't let anyone in without quarantine and all Crystal flights to Italy from the north go to Austria. Also we booked a cheepie 4 day trip and don't fancy paying around £3k for the 2 of us for an alternative. Crystal refuse to extend the period when we can make free changes.
Lets hope the Scottish Covid App gets updated in the next few days. They can't implement a proper Covid App and Nicola wants us to vote for independance!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy