Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian resort coming from Munich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any Austrian resort recommendations for a sat/sun ski in Austria driving from Munich?

I have only been to Solden, it’s a bit too far at 3hr drive. Would like to try somewhere else.

Solo traveler, ski, sleep, ski return. That’s the plan.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zillertal. Under 2hrs via Kufstein. Big area around the Penken. Glacier option (Hintertux).

Schiwelt, Kitzbühel and Saalbach-Hinterglemm are somewhat shorter trips with Schiwelt the nearest at about 1.15h (Söll). But those lack athmosphere imho. More like big hills while Hintertux is on the main ridge.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jayroc2k, Kitzbühel and Saalbach do not lack atmosphere! Great places for skiers at all levels. Maybe the apres is not quite as wild as around Mayrhofen, but apres is not happening this season anyway.

Mayrhofen / Zillertal also good btw.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SkiWelt is the closest big area, Kitzbühel not much further. Zillertal & Fieberbrunn (for Saalbach - Hinterglemm) a bit further. I have done both Ischgl & St Anton as day trips but dont fancy that much driving these days perfectly doable as a weekend though (via Garmisch but watch the traffic coming home and lots of Dutch southbound over the Fernpass on busy weekends).

Do be wary of how much traffic there will be, Saturday morning towards the mountains & Sunday evening coming home. It can nearly double driving time. I would suggest you need to leave no later than 06:30 on a Saturday morning (06:00 peak weekends), grab breakfast en route.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Garmisch (OK, still in DE but it's worth a visit), them Lermoos for a day.

The only good thing about Ski Welt is that it's not much further to Kitzbuehel, which is far superior.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Seefeld has two hills. Not much après but amusing enough for the day.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd go Ski Welt for what you're after. Save Kitz or Saalbach for when you have more time. Garmisch is close but it's not a very large area and accomodation isn't generally near the slopes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you go to Ski Welt go early. It can be really busy buying passes and getting up the mountain at the weekend. To avoid queues arrive by 8.15, ski away from the access lifts to stay ahead of the crowd, take a break at 11ish, ski through lunch and stay till the last lift as many people go down quite early. I prefer Westerndorf which is worth the extra 10 minutes drive, has some great long runs and if you’re lucky some fun off piste.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy