Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre Arrival Tests for England announced

Poster: A snowHead
UK Government has just announced pre-departure tests for arrivals into Englabd from 4.00 am Tuesday.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arghhhhhhhh!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Feeling glad I bought some c19testing lateral flows to bring with us and glad it's not a PCR that's required! Travelling Thursday to France and Spain, returning Monday...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I now need 4 tests for a 2 week Christmas trip, it is completely ridiculous Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are doing 3 tests for 4 days!

Outbound lateral flow for France (Tuesday)
Flying Thursday, driving from France to Spanish Pyrenees
Return lateral flow for France and the UK (Saturday or Sunday)
Flying Monday am
PCR test on arrival Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Beginning to think my trip to Bad Hofgatstein for New Year might not be happening Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@belette, how do you get proof with a test you have brought with you from the UK?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Either through video consult watching you do the test or they require you to take a photo of your test and your passport in order to read the test.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is PCR day 2 test required as well?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pieman666, just the same as you would usually. There's a code provided to put on the passenger locator form. Take the test, upload to their website, get the result back with a code to enter on the form. Now need to sort 12 tests for me hubby and the sons. 4 before we leave, 4 before we come home and 4 when we get back. One step off our cancellation point. We only have the day 8 test to add in and that's us staying here.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You can’t do LFT you take with you. You wouldn’t get a certificate.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We're up to nearly £400 spent on tests (for 2) and looking like we'll need more PCRs to get back through Geneva. Some of those were wasted with changing rules. Bonkers.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Macker13 wrote:

yes you can, it's a normal fit to fly test. Just give the providers a day or two to put products up

EDIT: actually they've had it all along e.g. https://www.chronomics.com/test-to-return

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 4-12-21 18:57; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You do indeed get a certificate with EU compliant QR code, as long as they can read the test properly and are satisfied. These are not NHS tests they are travel tests from private providers.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh I see. I thought you meant the NHS ones. I’ve got 30 at home as get provided for my job. But can’t use them for this annoyingly
ski holidays
Humph!

Due to pharmacies being closed the 48 hours before we come back on 3rd Jan through tunnel, we will be needing one (well 4) of those "take it with you and get them verified remotely" lateral flow tests I reckon.

Which are the most reliable and easy to use?

Thanks for recommendations
ski holidays
My daughter if off on her Uni trip next weekend along with 1200 other students! Got to wonder what's going to happen to any who test positive on the return leg - do they get left in Calais!? A real headache for the organising company - if they don't get trips this season they won't be around next year.
ski holidays
philipb wrote:
My daughter if off on her Uni trip next weekend along with 1200 other students! Got to wonder what's going to happen to any who test positive on the return leg - do they get left in Calais!? A real headache for the organising company - if they don't get trips this season they won't be around next year.

My niece has headed to Val Thorens today for her first ever ski trip - around 3000 other students! That's a lot of testing going to be needed...
latest report
Quote:

My niece has headed to Val Thorens today for her first ever ski trip - around 3000 other students! That's a lot of testing going to be needed..

Nightmare, at least we've had some notice and have time to order an antigen for her to do out there. The pharmacies in Val Thorens are going to be pretty hectic next Friday!
snow report
brovert wrote:
Is PCR day 2 test required as well?

Annoyingly yes, and talk of an 8 day test from Sage.
snow conditions
Joyceycat wrote:
Humph!

Due to pharmacies being closed the 48 hours before we come back on 3rd Jan through tunnel, we will be needing one (well 4) of those "take it with you and get them verified remotely" lateral flow tests I reckon.

Which are the most reliable and easy to use?

Thanks for recommendations

I swear by Medic Spot. They’re a little more expensive, but very quick turnaround for certs (even late at night)… and they give you a nice piece of card to place Your ID and test on. Haha
snow conditions
I'm now beginning to hope that either UK or France will go on the other's red list, as we now have tests before we go, while we're there and when we get back, which are barely making the trip worthwhile. Plus the extra expense, and all the forms at both ends.

And what happens if one of us tests positive in the French tests, I wonder??
latest report
Macker13 wrote:

You can. We’ve been doing exactly that all summer.
snow report
Gadge wrote:
We're up to nearly £400 spent on tests (for 2) and looking like we'll need more PCRs to get back through Geneva. Some of those were wasted with changing rules. Bonkers.

This is becoming ridiculous. I've been totally compliant with the Covid rules to date but all this is now beginning to wear me down.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had enough.... rolling eyes
snow report
@Bergmeister, you’re not the only one… believe me.
latest report
andy from embsay wrote:
Macker13 wrote:

You can. We’ve been doing exactly that all summer.

You two are arguing different points.

There are acceptable LFTs you can take with you. They are linked to a company who generate a certificate for travel.

You can't take the NHS/school LFTs, which stand alone and do not generate a certificate for travel.
snow report
They should simply give FO advice not to travel. A holiday is for enjoyment! No one can enjoy or look forward to this! Expletive omitted Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
@andy from embsay, Which company did you use please?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is no doubt that this is a further PITA but on the bright(er) side:
1. LFT valid rather than pricier PCR mandated pre-departure
2. If it means I can ski the ball ache will be more than worth it!

More darkly, what the fook happens if you test positive on the pre-return test? 10-14 days quarantine somewhere (of your choosing) or incarcerated at an airport hotel by the visited country's authorities?

This is the real issue, not the testing but rather the potential positive result... rolling eyes
latest report
tbh, I'm beyond done with this, that's four tests, FOUR tests I need to take for Canada and I miss up to 3 days skiing waiting for a negative result on arrival.
snow report
@RichardB, agreed.
snow conditions
Was due to head out to Les Arcs at the end of this week. Think this is now the straw that breaks the camel's back - thoughts of the hassles if the pre-return test were to come out positive. Thought about cancelling a few days ago after pre-departure test came in, but reckoned I could live with that. Now I'll wait until, hopefully, later in the winter.
snow conditions
Snowsartre wrote:

More darkly, what the fook happens if you test positive on the pre-return test? 10-14 days quarantine somewhere (of your choosing) or incarcerated at an airport hotel by the visited country's authorities?

This is the real issue, not the testing but rather the potential positive result... rolling eyes

Personally, if I tested positive on an LFT on the wrong side of the channel, I’d stay put until I tested negative then get a flight home.
ski holidays
rjj501 wrote:
Snowsartre wrote:

Personally, if I tested positive on an LFT on the wrong side of the channel, I’d stay put until I tested negative then get a flight home.

So you don't have to get home to get the kids to school, return to your job, and you have your own place to stay in?

Not being chippy - just very jealous.
snow report
@NickYoung, I suspect that if you - or @rjj501 - test positive, you won't be able to get on your flight/crossing. Regardless of your responsibility to school run and job.

Certainly last summer Eurotunnel wouldn't let you on board unless you had submitted your clear test result (it was needed then from France).

Leaving you in a bit of a pickle.
ski holidays
@loatie, we’ve used C19 Testing and Testing for All. Both fine.
latest report
j b wrote:
@NickYoung, I suspect that if you - or @rjj501 - test positive, you won't be able to get on your flight/crossing. Regardless of your responsibility to school run and job.

Certainly last summer Eurotunnel wouldn't let you on board unless you had submitted your clear test result (it was needed then from France).

Leaving you in a bit of a pickle.

How is it "regardless of your responsibility"?

If you don't need to come home, who gives a monkey's?

Embarrassed to even call that a first world problem!
snow conditions
195062 wrote:
...My niece has headed to Val Thorens today for her first ever ski trip - around 3000 other students! That's a lot of testing going to be needed...

Got to be a reasonable chance that a number of them will test positive, so not allowed back in to UK. Who is responsible for arranging interim accommodation etc: individual or travel company?
ski holidays
RichardB wrote:
tbh, I'm beyond done with this, that's four tests, FOUR tests I need to take for Canada and I miss up to 3 days skiing waiting for a negative result on arrival.

Understandable. Sledgehammer. Nut. etc etc

Wouldn't it be great if they invented a vaccine to avoid all of this hassle? Puzzled
snow report
@RichardB, Also hoping to travel to Canada next month - what's the 4th test? 1. Pre-departure 2. Arrival 3. PCR up to 2 days' after return. 4.?? (have they introduced a day 5 or 8 test too?)

Please let me know as have missed this....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy