Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Doctors appointment in France - will I get in?

Poster: A snowHead
Merry Christmas all.

I have a Eurotunnel booking on 2nd January, in part this date was chosen so I could make a follow-up appointment in Albertville hospital (Savoie) with a surgeon who had to remove my appendix in an emergency in September. I hold a British passport and am resident in UK.

After the announcement that travel from UK to France was restricted, I sent an enquiry to the French consulate asking if I would be able to enter France. They haven't replied.

What do snowheads think my chances are of getting let in?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

in part this date was chosen so I could make a follow-up appointment in Albertville hospital (Savoie)

....during my ski holiday.
Quote:

What do snowheads think my chances are of getting let in?

Slim
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pam w, ha ha. You're right though, if I was let in I would go skiing.

After six days in the hospital (great treatment by the way) my surgeon said okay we can let you go home today, can you see me in a month? No! Why not? Because I will be back in London. Then he asked when I will be back in France and I said January. That is how I came to have the appointment in writing for 5th January.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@andy1234, there is a link to a French gov pdf on the gov.uk website. It says you can travel to the UK but this is not.listed as a reason to travel from UK to France.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think if you have evidence of an appointment you should go for it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pamski,

I suppose what is the worst that can happen? Get up super early, drive two hours to tunnel. Get refused and lose the £100 tunnel booking and then another two hours drive home.

Actually that's probably not the worst. That would be if I was allowed in but my partner, travelling on Irish passport, is refused.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
Is it me or is the
embassy's document ireally badly designed? The source, on the French ministry of interior (home affairs) is very confusing as it is subject to multiple interpretations due to its presentation.

Anyways, from what we heard in French news over the last weeks, we've always understood "compelling reason" to include a medical appointment you cannot move.

"Urgence médicale vitale (pour la personne ainsi qu’un accompagnant
si sa présence est indispensable). Pièces exigibles : certificat médical,
preuve d’une hospitalisation programmée, etc."

Of course (1) whether you could have moved yours or not will be left at the interpretation of the custom officer, and (2) if you travel to the appointment with ski gear the interpretation will be skewed...

At the end of the day it's just a self filled certificate - if you really want to cross a border, you will - only not-so-Priti Patel and tabloid readers believe you can completely close borders...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@patrick!, not convinced.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Judging by the problems my brother and those travelling with him (on Irish passports) had getting through French passport control in Calais on their return to the UK (they're all Swiss residents), I'd say you were definitely onto a 'drive to tunnel and drive home again' mission...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@andy1234, why did you not just go to your GP at home, and get a referral into the NHS for a postop check up?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hells Bells, because he can't ski in London...?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@andy1234, you can always change the date on the tunnel booking, it won't be a crossing lost.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The French Government page on entry/exit to France now has a new section just for the United Kingdom !!

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Macron is addressing the nation on Monday evening, so it’ll be interesting to hear what he has to say…
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@genepi, yes. So far I’ve only cancelled the mid-drive hotel - val Moret as recommended by a number of snowheads.
latest report
It's going to be blatantly obvious that this appointment is simply a ruse to enable a skiing holiday. Good luck.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy