Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am currently in Tignes and have being parking in the residents parking where I am staying, more than plenty of car spaces, apparently according to an owner I’m not allowed to do that as I don’t live here all year round Puzzled
This even though only half the spaces are being used including my car, you’ve got to love the French Laughing

Am not sure if they are right but can’t be bothered with the hassle etc so am wondering if there’s still the free parking at Les boisses (1800) or has that all being built on. So am guessing if it has one of the covered ones is my only option?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take a look at the Tignes thread, the author wrote a detailed and commendable guide to parking here, my car was in Les Boisses for the week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I will have a look, am assuming you did that recently ? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Regarding the residents' parking where you have initially been keeping your car, where precisely is it @ajc2260626?

For most of the open-air parking in Tignes that looks like it's associated with specific residential developments you will see a P (parking) sign next to it, with 'MACARON' written underneath. What that means is that to park there you first have to go to the main Tignes parking office and present them with your flat ownership / season let contract / season work contract and buy a space for the season. You then get your macaron, which is a permit to display in the window. Without the macaron you are liable to get towed (but usually leafleted beforehand).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bobski62, it’s at a place called Les rives in lavachet. There’s a sign saying private parking just for residents of the building etc, which as we are staying here I would have thought we are, we’ve stayed in the building plenty of times before with no issues.

The irony is that there’s 6 or 7 spaces and only three cars using them including mine me, I’m 99% sure it doesn’t say macaron but I will double check, as far as I can remember it just says parking prive Les rives…. The sticker that someone put on my window wasn’t an official Tignes leaflet etc more of a example that you might buy off the internet net
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ajc2260626, That is private parking, one of the other owners is probably trying it on. Ask your agency if it includes parking or not, I suspect it does. The other owner probably wants you out so his mates can use it!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@chocksaway, to be honest that’s what I thought. They complained to the agency and the agency called me. When I explained that’s I’d stayed here for years before and never had a problem, he sort of admitted that it was the one of the owners being a pain etc but he warned me that they might call the police and I might be towed, am guessing that the police wouldn’t do that because it’s not breaking any laws and I am staying there etc?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're going to keep parking there why not leave a note in the windscreen with the apartment number, dates of your stay and your phone number?

If someone does turn up to tow it they might be kind enough to call you and give you a chance to move it. Unlikely as they probably get paid by you to release it but it might be enough to dissuade them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@CV, yep did that and they rang the agency to say we weren’t allowed to park there , but worth a shout leaving another for a potential tow person......

another great Gallic experience
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy