Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ullr's sled-dog heritage on show today on the transition in uber cold temps

Poster: A snowHead
Think Ullr should have had a snorkel today in the deep powder

Was really tough climbing in the deep snow and breaking trail today and at times when it wasn't that steep had to straight-line it with the snow rising up to my thighs.

But we had a couple of pitches that were very sweet and out of the corner of my eye I could see him submarining Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/-8NTZydClzg

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 9-12-21 16:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lucky Dog!!!!

and the Canine is having fun too!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lovely stuff. Dog doing well for a young one.
snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
During the up-hill does he follow in the ski track or leap around in it?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam, nice pics, thanks for sharing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That is simply awesome. Thanks for sharing.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Weathercam, Great stuff,thanks for sharing - keep up the good work Toofy Grin

Mutt loving the snow Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brilliant! What a great dog snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's really good for a dog. He has the standard technique: breathe when you're at the top of the turn.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bit of inner paw lead rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Rogerdodger, if it's not deep then he does his own thing, honing around all over the place, probably doing double the distance, but yesterday he decided that following in my tracks was the sensible option.

We're going back up again soon, so I hope it will be a little easier climbing up in my track from yesterday, though it's quite grim out there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Weathercam wrote:

We're going back up again soon, so I hope it will be a little easier climbing up in my track from yesterday, though it's quite grim out there.

Grim as in snowing hard? Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Klammertime wrote:
.....Grim as in snowing hard? Laughing

Howling and severe wind-chill, but now nearly a blue sky!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Back up the hill today and there was a really cold wind blowing along with already very cold temperatures.

And as we were transitioning he walked round in circle digging a snow-hole and then curled up.

This was in fact the second occurence, but this one was way deeper!

ski holidays
Smart dog, felt a bit like that myself Very Happy
latest report
Does he enjoy it, or is he just desperate not to lose you?
latest report
@pam w, dogs just love snow, simple as that!

Back in the UK I did the Saturday Park Runs along the promenade with him on a harness with around 350 runners as the start neared he could sense the anticipation and he started howling just like the sled dogs do with the excitement of it all.

@KenX, also had his mutt with us and both of them are just playing all the time going up.

Last week touring up the pistes at Montgenevre we've never seen so many dogs out!

And I have to be careful if another skier comes past and we've stopped as he might well chase after them Laughing
latest report
@pam w, all of our dogs have loved the snow. Our old one Meg used to dig into it like that. I do have friends whose dogs don't. Even our cat likes it.

@Weathercam, looks like he's really landed on his paws.
snow report
Is it right that huskies send extra blood through their foot pads to help them keep cool? A very bonny and contented looking dog. What a life. I'm jealous Laughing Laughing
snow report
Not sure he’s got Ullr’s powder pedigree but took our pooch out for some ski tour action. Was a bit worried he was knackered at the top of the climb but he loved the descent and didn’t seem particularly tired in the evening

http://youtube.com/v/gwCVSuB5ZOk
ski holidays
@BobinCH, great stuff, he's loving it!

I gave Ullr a day off yesterday.

The resort is now open from today so will have to do more classic touring, and I will not be able to take him XC as he will, unlike the Jack's, trash the piste.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy