Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine PCR tests

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, does anyone know if the medical centre in Morzine offers tests at the weekends? From what I gather, the centres are open weekends, but another source says PCR tests available 8:30-5:30 mon-fri.

Due to some random timings the ideal time for us to get tested would be Saturday morning.
Also wondering if the labs run all weekend in terms of getting results back in time?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ish303, Link to the Sante.fr website which has some details that may help https://www.sante.fr/cf/centres-depistage-covid/departement-74-haute-savoie.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are having one to return to the UK then you can have an antigen test available from pharmacies with an instant result. You’ll need to book it though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@zzz, do You know how much these cost?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickyJ, my recent info from Morzine was

“ non French residents do now have to pay for covid tests, this started on 7th July. €49 for a PCR test and €29 for lateral flow test. “

This was last week. Also I was told that either cash or cheque and no cards accepted. That was at the medical centre I believe. Worth checking when you book.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@NickyJ, I think @KenX said they were 30€ in Briancon, so I expect the same elsewhere. They were free until recently.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks both! I had been mentally working on about £30 so that’s good news I wasn’t wildly out
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you have a bike the Health Centre in St Jean definitely does them Saturday mornings ( I had one on a Saturday ). It's 5km gently downhill, and should take no more than 10-12 mins ride. ( or about 6 -7 minutes by car)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That’s good to know, we will have a car and can drive out to St Jean on the way to Geneva. Do you have any more details or url? As that would actually be ideal. Also how quick did you get the results?

Heard the pharmacy does 30min lateral flow, but does that give you a result with all the details needed for travel, I.e. name, date of test, passport number etc?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ish303,

Yes it does. 29€ confirmed by Morzine pharmacie today.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cabinet Médical des docteurs Conte Devolx et Mounier
Address: 58 Impasse Alexis Leaud, 74430 Saint-Jean-d'Aulps
Phone: 04 50 37 90 67
Appointments: doctolib.fr

We had our PCR tests on Sat AM we got the results by e-mail around 9PM same day.

The way labs are funded in France at the moment is that if they get the results back within the SLA they gat paid EUR 43 by the state. If the miss the SLA then they get nothing.

The SLA is before midnight for tests taken before midday, and before midday the next day for tests taken in the afternoon.
I do not know how this will be different for a patient funded test, but all the samples get sent off to Miralis together so I doubt they'd be treated any differently by the lab.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awesome info, thanks guys. @WindOfChange, was that a test because of symptoms then or a “travel” test?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Travel : I went to Corsica, which requires a neg PCR < 72h.
It was free at the point of delivery. (but not really free as I will pay thru my taxes) .

I was surprised that it was free, but the nurse said that if they charge, then it might dis-incentivise people from getting tested ( and the nurse is paid by the state anyhow).

There was no requirement for a test returning to the mainland.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi guys, anyone know the best place in Saint Jean D’Aulps for a COVID test, I’m out soon and need to book one for my return. Much appreciated
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Book via doctolib.fr for Morzine & St Jean. Morzine medical centre will not be doing PCR tests.
snow report
Thanks bud x
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy