Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Disability discount for ski pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi l have got two kids with non physical disabilities who both receive disability living allowance (DLA) in the UK. I have always paid full price for their ski passes but a couple of years we went to Chamonix and someone told us that both they and us, parents, as their caters are entitled to 50% discount. Sure enough , when we showed DLA documents at the ski lift office, we got the discount…
This year we are go to Les Arcs but when l enquired about the discount with the lift company they said that DLA would not be accepted and we need a letter from a doctor stating that they are at least 80% disabled ( which is not the case but also l don’t think there is no % disability in the UK ) ..
Not sure if anyone had any experience with that?
Not trying to get a discount we are not entitled to but at the same time it would definitely help ..
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is Disable Cards in France regarding different levels of disability. Levels are express into percentages. Over 80% the card is Orange, and it's called "carte d'invalidité".
Some resorts like les Arcs are offering discounts only for "carte d'invalidité" olders and 1 carer. Others like Tignes, Avoriaz, La Plagne give the same discount what ever your disability card is. You may find resorts like Alpe d'Huez or Serre Chevalier that will gave 50% discount for "carte d'invalidité" and 30% discount to other disability cards.
Those discounts are available on resorts counters only, you can't order discount pass online.
My advice (this is the way I always act), is to send an email in advance, with a copy of documents proving the disability to receive a formal Yes / No answer to envatualy show to the counter......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@thierryd, thank you! So if l have received a “No” answer on the basis of DLA , l guess we won’t get a discount in Le Arc. I could ask our GP to write a letter but there won’t be disability % there as it does not exist in the UK ..but did you say La Plagne provides discount for all levels of disability? In this case could we perhaps buy a paradiski pass in La Plagne and ski in Les Arc?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bella2015 send an email to La Plagne with DLA and a letter from your GP. If YES then buy a Paradiski Pass in La Plagne to ski in Les Arcs !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes thank you. Will try that!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bella2015 wrote:
@thierryd, thank you! So if l have received a “No” answer on the basis of DLA , l guess we won’t get a discount in Le Arc. I could ask our GP to write a letter but there won’t be disability % there as it does not exist in the UK ..but did you say La Plagne provides discount for all levels of disability? In this case could we perhaps buy a paradiski pass in La Plagne and ski in Les Arc?

Hi. Hope you dont mind me piggy backing on your post. I'm just wondering if you emailed La Plagne asking about discounts and what their response was. My hubby had a stroke two years ago in La Plagne and we are just now getting back to it with him starting to receive disability lessons locally here in Scotland, had his first one yesterday, awesome. I was just about to email La Plagne asking about this - although will be for next year now and saw your post.

Would be good if they did offer a bit of discount to the skier plus carer.

Thanks

Sheila
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GixerGirl, yes l have emailed La Plagne and they said that both my kids and us, parents as their carers would receive 50% off the ski pass. In addition at the end our did agree GP to give us a letter so Les Arcs also agreed to accept it and grant us the same discount. However we obviously were not able to go due to the latest restrictions so we rerouted our holiday to Cervinia in Italy, where they also accepted our documentation and have us all 50% discount. Hope this helps
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bella2015 wrote:
@GixerGirl, yes l have emailed La Plagne and they said that both my kids and us, parents as their carers would receive 50% off the ski pass. In addition at the end our did agree GP to give us a letter so Les Arcs also agreed to accept it and grant us the same discount. However we obviously were not able to go due to the latest restrictions so we rerouted our holiday to Cervinia in Italy, where they also accepted our documentation and have us all 50% discount. Hope this helps

That's great to hear, I did drop them a email but not heard back yet. Have a lovely time in Cervinia, very jealous. Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy