Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It’s very quiet?

Poster: A snowHead
In Vallandry this week and I don’t think I’ve ever seen so few cars in village. Just went to book a meal out tomorrow and restaurant shut Sad

I know it’s outside school holidays, and weather is patchy, but wondered what it’s like elsewhere? If this cost of living biting?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Boris, Tignes is having its quietest week since 2 weeks before Christmas in terms of official occupancy. I was chatting to a well known business owner in Tignes last night and none of them can work it out. But most of them had their best January ever up here. Its odd!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nendaz is very quiet
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Same here in Ski Amade. A few school groups and some corporate types but not really any Holidaymakers. Predicted to be very busy next week and the snow keeps coming, at least above 1200m.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Delightfully quiet in Saiser Alm, drop in temperatures from last week so the snow remains better and instead of me calling it a day at 11.30 as it was so soggy, we are out at 8.30 till around 2. Sometimes we can be the only people we can see on a lift, never have to queue and can ski a whole piste without seeing anyone else. The restaurants seem to be doing quite a bit of cleaning, but as long as they stay open till Saturday, that will be fine! Some have already closed.
We are not eating out very much, been out to supper a couple of times, lunched out only twice I think, but we do enjoy our coffee stops, and sometimes a glass of wine each and a shared piece of cake. Saving ourselves and the pounds for being in Tignes next week with the family.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Haven't seen a queue so far this week in Ischgl.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In Lech, the hotel (came this week last year) is quietish when I thought it would be full. The resort has people in it but no lift queue at all and easy to find lunch tables.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same here in Wengen, absolutely deserted, despite good snow. Hopefully busier at Easter.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pamski wrote:
Delightfully quiet in Saiser Alm, drop in temperatures from last week so the snow remains better and instead of me calling it a day at 11.30 as it was so soggy, we are out at 8.30 till around 2. Sometimes we can be the only people we can see on a lift, never have to queue and can ski a whole piste without seeing anyone else. The restaurants seem to be doing quite a bit of cleaning, but as long as they stay open till Saturday, that will be fine! Some have already closed.
We are not eating out very much, been out to supper a couple of times, lunched out only twice I think, but we do enjoy our coffee stops, and sometimes a glass of wine each and a shared piece of cake. Saving ourselves and the pounds for being in Tignes next week with the family.

Fantastic - we are in Selva this sat for a week (last week of season?) so hoping for equally quiet lifts and pistes (be a lovely change after being in San Cassiano at Feb HT where slopes were at capacity ...)

Some new snow forecast tomorrow too - albeit Bergfex which probably means it wont occur - and colder temps all the way through our week .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Late season. Ahead of the 2 school holiday weeks. In a fairly crappy (cumulative) snow year. I'd expect it to be pretty much as quiet as it gets.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very quiet and peaceful over the Col du Lauteret in Serre Che too.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Boris, all of the Paradiski area seems much quieter this week than last week (& it wasn't particularly busy last week either, tbh). Seems a shame when conditions are so good! In contrast, mid-January was surprisingly (& rather unpleasantly) busy, although I suspect that may have been down to people booking the higher resorts given the poor snow elsewhere (& all skiing up high when there, given how little there was lower down in resort).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In courchevel 1850 and it’s very quiet. Straight onto lifts and no problem getting in places for lunch etc.

We ski’d into Meribel centre today and that seemed busier. Snow was not great on the way down though! Extracted out promptly via the Saliure express 1 & 2.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Probably due to all the doom and gloom merchants on social media rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Probably due to the totally shite snow rolling eyes
snow report
@zzz, In Morzine, perhaps. Definitely not in Tignes.
snow report
As above, the snow in courchevel is great for spring!
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:

Another 60 - 80cm forecast this weekend. What's the problem Puzzled
snow report
Interestingly, in contrast it seems unseasonably buzzy in Flaine in the last couple of weeks
snow conditions
@stewart woodward, The top Funi station maybe buried but other than that - none!
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
If this cost of living biting?

and strikes, no direct TGVs to Grenoble for example for the last few weeks so people probably have given up given the generally poor winter

I see some train drivers have lost 3000 euros for the 13 days they've been on strike, which means they are paid considerably more than me per day.
latest report
JimboS wrote:
Haven't seen a queue so far this week in Ischgl.

The end of March is often quite in Ischgl. It's just a gap between the "Late March is too late" crowd and the "The seasin runs till May - and if we wait another week of so we'll get the cheaper low season lift pass rates" one.
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

Another 60 - 80cm forecast this weekend. What's the problem Puzzled

The woory of there being any left on Monday?
ski holidays
Saalbach like a ghost town. Snow almost all gone. Pistes holding up well considering
latest report
Very quiet through Moutiers and BSM and easy drive up to Tignes le lac. Seem to be loads of UK cars driving around with bits of paper looking for where they should be. We have parked in underground car park, bit of a way from Hotel Village Montana where our apartment is - not ready yet so having a drink. Certainly not as busy as I am sure it can be. Rest of family still to arrive.
snow conditions
“Saalbach like a ghost town. Snow almost all gone. Pistes holding up well considering”

@Dravot, and yet, since you posted that on 1st April (wasn’t a joke was it?), I’ve skied over 56,000 vertical meters. This week has been possibly the best of the whole season, with significant fresh snow, cold weather, and quiet or deserted pistes. Today, the last day, friends and I covered 100km - Schattberg, Zwölferkogel, Leogang, Kohlmais.
Yesterday we skied around the Bernkogel, Reiterkogel and Fieberbrunn.
All season up to and including today (10th April), the links to Fieberbrunn and Leogang have been open, and it’s been possible to ski down to the village of Saalbach without problems from all three directions (Schattberg, Bernkogel, Kohlmais). The piste maintenance has been excellent.
snow conditions
Quote:

This week has been possibly the best of the whole season, with significant fresh snow, cold weather, and quiet or deserted pistes.

snowHead Seems to have been like that all over - turned out to be a great week to ski.
snow conditions
Was surprised how quiet it was in Tignes last week given it was the first week of Easter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy