Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inghams - Anyone else experiencing difficulties with contact?

Poster: A snowHead
Have booked with Inghams earlier in the year with no problems…balance was due for payment yesterday and tried to make contact to organise (they’ve cocked up my booking reference so unable to pay online) and despite ringing constantly over several days and hanging on for 20 mins or more each time it either goes unanswered or asks for a message to be left (which no one seems to bother responding to)

I see on their Facebook page they’re starting to get some heat on the same issues I’ve described..frankly it doesn’t give me a warm feeling that all is under control.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have only paid my balance for a Jan departure. No issues, but then perhaps there would not be with a payment.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nick forest, welcome to snowheads snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spoke to them a few weeks ago and got through ok
Person was working remotely and getting the booking updated seemed to take a while.
Did notice they hadn't the phone lines open on Sundays
As an aside the Edinburgh - Salzberg flights are no longer shown as an option though were there earlier in the year. They have done this in the past with them becoming available late November again.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 8-11-21 15:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@nick forest, My wife spent ages trying to get through to them last week. Kept giving up after 30mins or so. We finally got through over the weekend, took about an hour and a half, that was after pressing the 'pay for your holiday' option (don't think it got answered any quicker though). Pretty poor.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@nick forest, In another thread, some people have said they are also experiencing problems getting through to Crystal..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@nick forest, welcome to SnowHeads. Have you booked direct or via a travel agent?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Montan, Booked direct with Inghams in Feb this year. They seem impossible to get hold of…I see the CEO of Hotelplan (Joe Ponte) who took them over is giving it plenty on LinkedIn about COP26…if they don’t sort themselves they’ll lose a load of customers at this rate.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@nick forest, after we finally got through, the girl said that call wait times were up because a lot of employees’ time was being taken up with contacting customers who had booked for Lapland. Apparently there has been quite a change in the Covid restrictions for Lapland and they are having to notify everyone by phone.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We booked with a local agent who has been really good at keeping us up to date.
It seems the key change is that double vaccinated people are good to enter with proof (unless that has suddenly changed).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Worth saying that getting through to anyone for anything is difficult. I have banked with First direct pretty much from their beginnings. Their service level despite being at the top for banks is totally incomparable to what it was 10 years ago. They are now not very good with long wait times.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@twoodwar, I have noticed the same thing with a wide variety of companies.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tried to book a holiday this evening and can't even get as far as the booking page. Have tried dozens of times from four separate devices. Very frustrating as our friends have booked and we can't.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Valkyrie, I still can’t get through and spent the best part of two hours on hold over 4 calls. Not sure what my next move is now…it doesn’t bode well I fear
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nick forest wrote:
@Valkyrie, I still can’t get through and spent the best part of two hours today on hold over 4 calls. Not sure what my next move is now…it doesn’t bode well I fear
snow report
@nick forest, my wife started phoning them at 9am this morning, which is when their lines open. Got through after a few attempts, only to find that they’ve used up all the rooms in the hotel we wanted. We’re now booking the hotel and flights directly.
ski holidays
@Valkyrie, Okay thanks for the update…my phone will be poised at 08:59 tomorrow! Eh oh!
latest report
[quote="nick forest"]@Valkyrie, Okay thanks for the update…my phone will be poised at 08:59 tomorrow!
snow report
Update!

Finally managed to get through this morning after a 20 min wait and the chap on the other end clearly sounded somewhat stressed. He confirmed I could pay my balance over the phone but kept saying there were lots of comments on my booking but wouldn’t or couldn’t say what they were.

Went to pay the balance by credit card, refused twice apparently which is news to me and definitely no issues my end so I reluctantly paid by debit card which went straight through. Apparently Inghams are recruiting to cover seasonal demand…hmm

This afternoon I receive an email from Inghams advising the accommodation I had booked (and paid for only 3 hours earlier) is not available and they offered a swap to another in-resort accommodation which I’d already decided months ago wasn’t suitable so I’ve asked for a full refund and will start again…it’s less hassle when booking flights and accommodation direct is my past experience and I’ll revert to that again I suspect.

Just put it down to a less than happy experience and instinctively feels better to walk away.
snow conditions
@nick forest,
Methinks the lad on the phone did read the notes and either chose not to reveal them (thus possibly avoiding shed loads of grief) or had been told to keep quiet about any switches and let the email make the change so that a dedicated team would get any grief.
I wish you a successful search!
snow conditions
@Nemisis, Thanks for advice earlier…it did elicit a response Cool
ski holidays
Mmm. I nearly booked with Inghams for this December. Before I did, I had some questions and had a conversation with their on-line chat person. He was very cagey and wouldn't commit to a straight answer so in the end I booked with Crystal, even though they didn't do my first choice of hotel. Obviously, I don't know if I'll have problems with them yet but it seems that I've dodged a bullet with Inghams. Have had holidays with both companies before. Usual small gripes but no real biggies.
latest report
@maggi, I booked Fernie for mid January with Crystal though ages ago before the Canadian border opened as it was a great deal (not surprising). I noticed they’ve just taken Fernie off the menu for this winter though so I’m thinking they are going to cancel it soon…probably due to lack of demand. They are still offering Banff, Panorama and Whistler though.
latest report
@maggie, glad you got something sorted with Crystal. Seems like Inghams may have dropped the ball this year.
snow report
Now I'm worried. I have a sizeable Inghams voucher to spend.
snow conditions
With all that has happened over the last eighteen months I think there will be a lot of snagging with trips this winter both through Tour ops and DIY
I will be happy if I get to the mountains and get some decent skiing in anything else will be a bonus. Double bonus if I get what is currently booked,
There are so many experienced staff within the travel and tourist industry at home and abroad that have moved on it will take a while to get things back up to speed.
Still frustrating when peoples plans get changed though

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 11-11-21 9:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Jehu wrote:
To be fair I don’t think Inghams have finance issues, if you look at who owns Hotelplan (Migros of Switzerland whose interests range from supermarkets to banks) I just don’t think they’ve planned particularly well for what was clearly going to be a resurgence in bookings after a missed season with COVID and Brexit adding to the challenges but others have coped it seems.

I’ve used Inghams before and not had any issues and similar with most of the other operators including Crystal, Neilson and the infamous Silverski (to be honest they were the best holidays for all the wrong reasons and I could write a book about my times with them!)

I’ll sit back for a day or two to reflect and then jump in and book somewhere but probably direct with the hotel and sort my own flights etc.
snow report
Jehu wrote:

You shouldn’t worry. Here in CH Inghams are successfully recruiting some really experienced people for this winter. I don't think there are any financial problems to worry about.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@telford_mike, I agree, money is unlikely to be the issue. It’s lack of staff at the moment to answer the phones and you can imagine how many people are ringing them asking about their teenagers with one jab.
No wonder they sound stressed on the phone.
ski holidays
I'm working in a call centre at the moment and they just can't get the staff. That's with paying well above minimum wage and allowing remote working.
snow conditions
Not just call centres - I'm in a different industry, and we're currently having to turn away new clients (and delay some internal work). I wouldn't be surprised at all if Inghams are struggling to get the staff levels needed to handle calls and bookings at the minute.
snow conditions
Where are all the resting actors working instead these days?
snow conditions
ster wrote:
Where are all the resting actors working instead these days?

Don't know about all - but there is filiming happening in front of my apartment at the minute (and has been for a couple of months) for "DI Ray". I think all the internal scenes are being filmed in the building across from me. It's a busy site!
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/tv-crew-birmingham-city-centre-21981357

(apologies for thread drift Smile )
snow report
@nick forest,
Quote:

infamous Silverski (to be honest they were the best holidays for all the wrong reasons and I could write a book about my times with them!)

c'mon, would love to know what these are

full disclosure, i used to work for them in Meribel (i loved my time with them, but i know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea!!) in the mid to late 90's, so may well appear
to be fair, i was a grumpy fecker first thing in the morning whilst doing minibus duties Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@terrygasson, - If I tell you I once clashed swords once with the ubiquitous Hazel whilst staying in Len Silvers chalet (Bon Coin) in Plagne would that pique your interest? Eh oh!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy