Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teen tests in Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will need to get my my teens tested every day. I don’t know Avoriaz at all. Anyone have an idea of where to go and do we book them in for every day or can just turn up? Getting into a real panic!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads! I feel so sorry for people in your situation, but the answer is no-one knows. If you're planning to get to Avz via Gva the chances are you can't, as of yesterday, to be clarified tomorrow - maybe. If you're driving from uk you currently can, but as of tomorrow possibly not. If you do in fact get to Avz with your teens there is one pharmacy which will be doing testing presumably, but since they don't open for another two weeks there's no way to find out when or how. If your trip is imminent you should be considering cancelling. If some way off, wait and see.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are on the verge of pulling the plug on out trip with teens completely between Xmas and NYr in Italy because we cannot work out what's actually required. Its all a bit like trying to hit a moving target at the moment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don’t know that we can cancel as it’s a package deal and think they need to cancel on us to get refund. I still want to go but just trying to get organised with tests in advance if possible
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Reallyrubbishskier,
I live down the valley in Morzine, so can’t speak for Avoriaz as such. However all pharmacies here seem to do both PCR and antigen tests. Best to make an appointment for each day because they now only last for 24 hours. Hopefully a quick google will help to find one for your first test.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Reallyrubbishskier wrote:
I will need to get my my teens tested every day. I don’t know Avoriaz at all. Anyone have an idea of where to go and do we book them in for every day or can just turn up? Getting into a real panic!

I've been to Avoriaz alot over the last few years, so know it quite well - as others have mentioned there is a pharmacy that may do testing. There is also a fair sized medical centre in the centre of the village too - so I suspect there will be an option for testing during your stay.

https://www.doctolib.fr/cabinet-medical/avoriaz/centre-medical-d-avoriaz

Maybe drop them an email and enquire? Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Reallyrubbishskier, When are you planning to go? Lots could (and probably will) change.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SHAP straight after Xmas!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Reallyrubbishskier, Ah, not long then. I'm planning mid March, so lots could happen...

Hope things work out for you.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Reallyrubbishskier, It seems to have been confirmed today that transiting Switzerland as a tourist is no longer possible (without quarantining in Switzerland), for the time being. Hopefully your TO has a plan to get you to resort... Confused
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@shep, I don’t think we were flying into Geneva but I’ll check! It was the testing I’m worried about!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy