Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis on EasyJet flight out of Bournemouth

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anecdotally I have heard that if they are having trouble fitting everything into an aircraft skis are the first things to be left behind. What is the real risk of this flying from Bournemouth to Geneva with EasyJet at half term?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very little on an Easy A321, the holds are large. Plus not many kids travel with skis but take up a seat.

They do have problems with the smaller commuter jets that become ski flights at weekend, the late Flybe were prime examples, also with the BA Cityflyers.

It can also be an issue with the shorter runway places in the mountains like Sion or Chambery, if the wind is in the wrong direction, but not GVA or sunny Bournemouth.

One less thing to worry about.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chocksaway, thank you!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nicky - Rumour is that once Southamptons run way is extended Easy will pull out of Bmth in favour of Soton - great for me not so much for you. Very Happy
I love travelling through Hurn airport, the buckets catching the rain water from the leaky roof in Arrivals are quite endearing Very Happy
Plus of course the £3.00 drop off fee and the lack of pavement on the access road
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin wrote:
Nicky - Rumour is that once Southamptons run way is extended Easy will pull out of Bmth in favour of Soton

Not sure that make a lot of sense. The current runway is only declared as 5653 ft long, and the proposed extension adds 538 ft to that making it only 6191 ft. That's still a bit short for medium airliners - a B738 can require 8000 ft to get off fully loaded in bad weather. I know EJ operate A319/320/321 but I also know there are weight restrictions on these operating from Bristol - which is 6598 ft. Hurn is 7451 ft.

It will make it easier to operate the Embraer 135/145 class pencil jets at higher loads, but they're exactly the sort of thing that tend to offload baggage when the flight is full, so I'm not convinced it would be at all good for people in the South/South West who currently use BOH.

And last time I used SOU the price of the car parking (for 2 days) was more than the return flights!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have looked at Bournemouth airport occasionally and, as they have a monopoly on parking, their charges are outrageous and the bus service from Bournemouth station seems to be seriously lacking. I will stick to other airports.

The Embraers, as used to be flown by Flybe, could not take skis over a certain length, at least on Flybe rules. I think most of the A320 B737 range have pretty good hold size.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@countryman, really? This is first time we have flown from our local airport. I was impressed by how cheap it was … saying that we normally only pay for parking at Heathrow. Gatwick just once, as normally for Gatwick park at parents and they drop us up there
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy