Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borovets or Gressony Saint jean

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a random selection, but this year as well as all the skiing dilemmas, I need somewhere that will let us in from the UK (esp my unvaccinated son who is 16).

I have found accommodation in these two resorts - any thoughts?

Although I've been skiing a lot of times I'm still a beginner, so need mainly blue runs. Don't need a lot as going for 4 nights, and we don't mind doing the same runs again.

Also we don't need apres ski.

Going over Xmas, so am I better off snow wise in one or the other?

Thanks so much.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Out of the 2 areas, Monte Rosa is by far the best compared to Borovets. I've been to both btw. However, I'd stay in champoluc not st jean. More to it and better for beginners
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks so much! Can I ask why it’s better? Just because I found accommodation on the slopes in Borovets and in Italy it’s a bit far out!

I’m going for 3/4 nights and the only accommodation I could find for under £1000 in monterosa in is gressonay a bus ride from the Weissmatten area.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@munchimo, your key problem is wanting just 4 nights accommodation in one of the peak periods of the year, when providers with well located accommodation can easily achieve 100% occupancy at high season rates.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know! I did manage to find one apartment a bus ride away from weissmatten. And in borovets it’s hotels so there is availability there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To be honest, if you're only going for 4 nights, I'd not bother with either. Germany excepts unvaccinated 16 year olds with a pre-flight negative PCR test. So I'm going to recommend Bavaria. Cheap Ryan Air flights London Stansted to Memmingen and phone the folks at Nordic Blowfish. https://www.nbfalpineadventures.com/about/
Great bunch of folks and they'll give you all the advice you need. I don't get a commission by the way, I just know they'll look after you.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The UK gov advice for Germany seems to suggest only under 12 and then you have to quarantine, so I don’t think it’s an option:

Unvaccinated children under 12 years of age are allowed to enter Germany without a negative test as long as they travel with at least one fully vaccinated parent. These children are not obliged to provide any kind of evidence (no COVID test, etc.), but have to quarantine on arrival. For them, quarantine ends automatically 5 days after entry.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy