Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

i miss the skiing!!!

Poster: A snowHead
hi everyone, Smile

I have been lucky to have been on 2 skiing holidays this year and i am missing the skiing already. I must be really hooked on it and wish that i can just pick up the skiing gear and head to the slopes but unfortunately it is not so. Sad

I am wishing time away to go skiing and tell people it should be winter every day of the year! Am I depressed?

How do you all survive the sommer?

Moonshine
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was on my holiday last week and came to the conclusion if I lived and skied a lot in the mountains I would not be on my antidepressants.

How I survive summer - summer extreme sports, fridge trips and tablets NehNeh

Join the many of us wishing we could just go...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes me too. Next season seems like an awfully long time to wait. Thankfully I have the summer motorbike season to keep me occupied. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh its not too bad , you can hang out on snow heads, there are always one or two entertaining threads that start on midsummers day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
How do you all survive the summer?
By summer skiing on glaciers - here's Tignes at the end of July 2011:

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Try slacklining - costs next to nothing, is super safe, and great balance training for next season's skiing. Once you've got the knack, if things don't work out you can run away and join the circus
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's always winter somewhere...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, I have serious post-holiday blues right now. My new skis were so amazing, I'm gutted it'll be nine months before I can get them on again.

Next year I might see if I can sneak away for a summer weekend in Tignes (can't this year as I've already booked all my holidays).

It's just tooooo long to wait until December. *sigh*
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
moonshine, You still got 3 or 4 weeks of the season left. Try a weekend in Tignes over Mayday.

I get throught the summer by being almost back in the same places. 10 days rock climbing in the Dolomites, and a week or so in the Vanoise, doing via ferrata, mountaineering, or if the weather is dodgy sport climbing. It is the Autumns that seem to go on for ever.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Very depressed at present as skiing has finished and an exhibition I was working for has fallen through. Sad Sad

Just had a thought, though, since I had to cancel a ski holiday this year due to my mother getting pneumonia (and the insurance has agreed to pay), and now I can slack off on the work a bit ...... perhaps I can persuade my wife I can go off in 2 1/2 weeks on the last SCGB holiday at my standard. Smile ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Beer. Mountain Biking. Music Festivals. Crack.

Still doesnt hit the spot, but it helps.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm depressed after my 5 trips this year. Planning on some summer skiing - and just discovered a summer freestyle camp on a glacier in Switzerland (see Freestyle Camp thread).

I fully intend to avoid boring beach holidays, and hopefully learn some basic freestyle in July. Hurrah!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
moonshine, are you near a plastic or indoor ski slope? Use the summer to work on your ski skills so you're a better skier next time you head to the mountains.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
moonshine/Piccadilly: Where do you live? Two Pennines areas are reported to be opening tomorrow (see Winterhighland website below) Very Happy :

1. http://www.skiweardale.com/index.html
2. http://www.yadmoss.co.uk/

AND Scotland has had a major dump of snow and could be a goer for easter - The Lecht is open tomorrow Very Happy

See here for updates:
http://www.winterhighland.info/general/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Depends how flexible you are, and how much skiing you want. I might have an arrangement in Wanaka but I dont think its really a job.
Place is full on weekends but not much to do in the week, clearly youd be expected to help out but you are pretty much a free agent weekdays. Its a prvate arrangment so , PM me if you want more info.

only 3 months to go. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Quote:

I have been lucky to have been on 2 skiing holidays this year and i am missing the skiing already

Ski for 4 months of the year, been back for about four days and missing it allready, welcome to the club wink
ski holidays
5 years ago I felt exactly the same, a friend told me to go and buy a mountain bike, so I did.

It was great, a revelation almost, I love mountain biking as much as skiing for all the same reasons...able to switch off and live in the moment, get out into the hils/mountains, feel great at the end of the day after all of the fresh air and they both keep me fit.

My skiing improved too as I got more used to reading terrain, had better balance and strength in my legs and generally more exposure to going fast.

Get a mountain bike, prepare to become addicted to that too, but beware, it is eaqually as expensive!

Happy pedalling.

Mr ted
ski holidays
Body boarding, surfing, kayaking, mountain biking, climbing etc; they all release the same chemicals from your brain, all cheaper than skiing, no time to feel depressed.mr ted, how much have you spent on your bike ffs?
ski holidays
mountainaddict, south coast of England (Hampshire) - it would be quicker to go to France! But thank you...

I'm still massively depressed. I have to put my ski gear back in the loft now... MEHHHHHH Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Hi Moonshine,

Ever thought of heading to Argentina ? or even Nz or OZ .... during these summer months..... I know allot of the chalet owners head to Argentina as there season is opp of Europe's and its cheap but the slopes are fantastic....

Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I put all my winter stuff away, including all the ski stuff, and then yesterday we had snow in the UK in April (only a week after a freaky heatwave). Now I miss the skiing more than ever!
ski holidays
Season ain't over yet! on 21 April it is the EoSB, and a week later you can practice your Dutch in Valtho and Tignes....
snow report
cstreat, the first bike was pretty cheap, £400, quickly realised I needed something better, £1500, killed that in 2 years, now have a quiver of hardtail, full suspension, knocking about bike, and road bike.....add in race/ event entry, wear and tear, petrol, accomodation for weekends away and I reckon it costs me double what I spend on skiing each year!!

It doesn't have to be like that, but it does get addictive, just like skiing! Very Happy
snow conditions
Second vote for mountain biking - now that the snow is on it's way out I have just ordered my new bike Very Happy and am getting very excited about getting back into the mountains without the snow. It's totally addictive and I've also found that it strengthens my knees for the ski season which is an added bonus!
snow conditions
mr ted wrote:
...petrol...

Eh? Thats cheating Shurely?
ski holidays
Move to Geneva - ski in the winter, and when the summer hits...

waterskiing, hiking in the mountains, mountainbiking (and cycling along the lake), jumping in the lake at the end of a hot sweaty day, rollerblading between bbqs, frisbee in the park, drinking at bars while dangling your feet in the water, and the awesome festivals and street parties all summer long Smile

Autumn is the only 'down' time - everyone snow watches obsessively. Shocked

OR live in the UK and enjoy not having to pay swiss prices... Sad

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 5-04-12 10:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Just do what I do, sit in the back garden all summer dressed all in your mountain gear, and alternate between methodically sharpening and reshaprening your edges and howling balefully at the sky until it starts to snow again...

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go into the garden...
latest report
revival

Did not ski last season - getting desperate Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hyst wrote:
revival

Did not ski last season - getting desperate Puzzled

Me too.

I am due in the Alps in March, but very hopeful of some Scottish skiing before that - lift served Scottish skiing was banned last season, shame as the snow looked fantastic !

I am going to initiate some ski related exercise in January as well - I used to be very bike fit but havent done as much last 3 years - I fear this may impact my ski fitness !!
ski holidays
Strange thing- I was having terrible knee pain recently, was very worried about skiing. I was genuinely struggling to get up off my knees from the floor.

I managed a few cheeky days of skiing last week and it completely disappeared. I did some stretching too, make of it what you will.

Should really get the bike out too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy