Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz kids ski schools and using lifts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm aware there have been previous threads on Avoriaz ski schools for kids, however I'm looking for recommendations for two six year olds.

Group lessons. Both have had a weeks lessons in Austria and 4 one to ones at Xscape. They can get down a green run unaided with plough turns.

I've had Evolution and Easy to ride recommended so has anyone used either of these before?

My last question is based on my own worries -I have skied for many years , however this is the first time my son will be using ski lifts. It bloody terrifies me , the thought of him up there on a lift messing about with his friend. The fact he doesn't know how to get on one as only used button lifts before , and how will he get off? Am I right to worry?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
there won't be friend to mess with, they send them up one by one in a designated (outside) seat with nut crackers. They will be helped by a liftie to get on, and if they struggle to get off, a liftie at the top will sort them out.

10,000s if kids as young as 5 (or even 4) do it every season, you don't need to worry.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oleski wrote:
there won't be friend to mess with, they send them up one by one in a designated (outside) seat with nut crackers. They will be helped by a liftie to get on, and if they struggle to get off, a liftie at the top will sort them out.

10,000s if kids as young as 5 (or even 4) do it every season, you don't need to worry.

Thanks Oleski , that's reassuring.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avoriaz is definitely a good shout for kids, it's where I did all my skiing as a kid (been awhile so some things may have changed). I feel the resort is very much set up for families and kids. As Oleski said the lifties will be there to help and also always had the instructor there helping everyone as well. In terms of lessons I was sent to the Village Des Enfants in very centre of the resort (impossible to miss), the groups I was in were pretty much all French kids but the instructors were excellent and also spoke to me in English (once again, it has been a while so may have changed).

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 22-11-21 20:40; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We’ve used Evolution 2 a couple of times, both my kids enjoyed it, my impression was that it was a little less formal than ESF but both times the kids improved through the week and most importantly had fun. Groups were small (6 or 7) I think. They are situated in the middle of town which depending on where you’re staying makes it easy to get to in the morning but beware if you’re planning on getting the Le Tour chair on your route back to collect as it can be busy at 11:00/11:30.
+1 for what Oleski says, they’ll always be accompanied on a chair and helped on/off if required.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@The Black Tusk, we've also used evolution 2 for the kids in Avoriaz and they were fantastic - small groups and really friendly. Definitely recommend.

I'd also echo what @Origin_Al says, I'd work out where you're staying first and then work out where the school meeting point is, and make sure it works. They are very near the entrance to the Village des enfants.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy