Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire at bottom of Prodains lift (Morzine)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have been trying to find ski hire to book at the bottom of Prodains lift. Using google maps we could see a skimium place and the helpfully titled “A skihire”. However going to skimium website it doesn’t return it as a location we can book from.

Anybody local confirm if they are still there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I reached out to them a few weeks ago, Skimium says they're no longer affiliated. I tried contacting the store itself (SkiAlp if I remember correctly) but didn't hear back, neither in english nor in french.

Ended up not needing ski hire after the ski test, so I'm afraid I can't be much more help than that.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mounta1nGoat, thanks that helps, at least. Seems surprising to have no facilities to hire in that location. However last year has been hard on so many places
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you can't find one at the bottom of Prodain, how about looking for one at the top ? (Avoriaz sports)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@albob, my sister would then need a lift pass to get to top to collect ski hire on day we arrive. They May still get one for then, as there flight arrives a lot earlier than ours. We are bringing all our own gear but the rest of our group is renting.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ wrote:
@albob, my sister would then need a lift pass to get to top to collect ski hire on day we arrive. They May still get one for then, as there flight arrives a lot earlier than ours. We are bringing all our own gear but the rest of our group is renting.

Depending on when you arrive and where you're staying, it's a short free bus ride into Morzine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anarchicsaltire wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Depending on when you arrive and where you're staying, it's a short free bus ride into Morzine.

We were hoping to stick to walking but again another option- we are staying a bit of the road between that lift and Morzine, with that lift being a reasonable bit doable (especially if we can hire lockers to use normal shoes and not carry skis!) walk
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How about a 'pick up service' ? - Skimium do one ::

https://www.skimium.fr/magasin-location-ski/morzine-village/super-morzine

"SHUTTLE FROM SUPER MORZINE
Meeting point: in front of your residence on the Avoriaz road or at each stop of shuttle D Meeting point: in front of your residence on the road to Avoriaz or at each stop of the D shuttle. 74110 - Morzine"

You ring the shop, they pick you up and then drop you off later (shuttle service)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On another thread I mentioned All Mountain Rental who will deliver hire skis to your door. We used them in Morzine, but I assume they operate across the area.

(I have no affiliation, but they worked well for us a couple of years ago).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@albob, will look at that - thanks!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+ 1 Avoriaz Sport at to of Prodains
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All Mountain and Doorstep Skis will both fit at the chalet.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy