Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jobs in Tignes 2021/22

Poster: A snowHead
I've heard of these people/firms recruiting via Facebook:-
Karen Telfer
Boubird Childcare
Loop Bar
Carte Blanche Collection Chalets
Cool Bus
Massage Me
Alpine Resort Nannies
Langley Hotel/Tignes 2100
Cocorico Bar
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
presumably only for folk with an EU passport ??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, presumably
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski,
If you are interested I recommend contacting them and asking.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Of course they're recruiting, none of the brit owned alpine business can find suitable eligible staff. The Morzine business owners FB group tells a tale of woe, having to explain what Brexit means to this years disappointed would-be saisonniers, having to break the news to them that their parents and grandparents have stolen their dreams and opportunities. It's tragic.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
shep wrote:
Of course they're recruiting, none of the brit owned alpine business can find suitable eligible staff. The Morzine business owners FB group tells a tale of woe, having to explain what Brexit means to this years disappointed would-be saisonniers, having to break the news to them that their parents and grandparents have stolen their dreams and opportunities. It's tragic.

Not forgetting that some of the parent/grandparent generation will have had their part/early retirement dreams snatched away also. Curse on all the stupid people.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Curse on all the stupid people.

And the clever people who manipulated them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@shep, i reckon AUTO-E cleaners will make a killing in Morzine this winter.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shep wrote:
having to break the news to them that their parents and grandparents have stolen their dreams and opportunities. It's tragic.

like working for MassageMe for a season for peanuts and a lift pass.

The French Job Center (ANPE) has over a million vacancies advertised for the first time. They can't find anyone to work despite 5 million unemployed. Building trades, hospitality and truck drivers all welcome.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@davidof, no one has any truck drivers!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have no interest or expertise in the current problem with employing UK passport holders for seasonal employment now brexit has happened.
I do have a hazy memory though that if nobody suitable with a EU passport applies for the advertised position after a certain length of time it can then be re advertised for non EU passport holders. I think at least one chalet company in Val d’Isere is going down this route.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
muppet wrote:
I have no interest or expertise in the current problem with employing UK passport holders for seasonal employment now brexit has happened.
I do have a hazy memory though that if nobody suitable with a EU passport applies for the advertised position after a certain length of time it can then be re advertised for non EU passport holders. I think at least one chalet company in Val d’Isere is going down this route.

If they offer UK minimum wage rates this could be feasible.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@muppet, You then need to apply for visas for the individual not the role. Which will take ages and isn't guarantees. It also needs to comply with French wage requirements etc - which chalet companies, mostly, never did as they packaged up lift passes accom etc
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@shep, i reckon AUTO-E cleaners will make a killing in Morzine this winter.

@Nadenoodlee, Not so much, when you do the maths.
I saw they were offering EUR 20 p/h. for Micro Entrepreneur ( what Auto-E became on Jan 1st 2016).
Bearing in mind that A-E / M-E have to pay their own overheads, their own cotisations, they don't get holiday / sick pay, and that the threshold for tax exemption is only 5000 gross. Remember also that an A-E / M-E cleaning firm is classified as an Artisan, the same as a plumber / sparky / chippy, and the M-E regime for Artisans is based around this, then unless the skilled cleaners are paid the same (250-300 eur per day), nobody's gonna be cleaning up this winter.
You'd be better off with a CDD on the SMIC.
It all comes down to the reluctance of British owned / run businesses to employ staff legally on French contracts.
This has been a feature of the winter jobs market since I started seasons in the 80s, and that's 30 years before Brexit was a thing.
Whilst I really dislike Brexit and all that it entails, Brexit is not the reason why the Winter jobs market is on it's backside.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Some interesting points here wrt to work permits and classes of workers

http://youtube.com/v/soQsY72v67g

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 9-09-21 10:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
WindOfChange wrote:

I saw they were offering EUR 20 p/h. for Micro Entrepreneur ( what Auto-E became on Jan 1st 2016).
Bearing in mind that A-E / M-E have to pay their own overheads, their own cotisations, they don't get holiday / sick pay, and that the threshold for tax exemption is only 5000 gross. Remember also that an A-E / M-E cleaning firm is classified as an Artisan, the same as a plumber / sparky / chippy, and the M-E regime for Artisans is based around this, then unless the skilled cleaners are paid the same (250-300 eur per day), nobody's gonna be cleaning up this winter.

The idea behind ME scheme was essentially about creating UK style zero hours contracts in France so I agree it is not always somewhere you want to find yourself. A case being a waiter in the bar who is only asked to work when it is busy.

The contributions are less and much simpler compared to setting up as full self employed so they can be advantageous for certain classes of worker such as IT, if you can keep under the turnover threshold. You can earn up to 72Keuros as a service provider in the scheme and all MEs are in the CPAM regime so have identical sickness cover to employees.
ski holidays
@davidof, Exactly.
So by Morzine companies offering this style of contract, they are simply moving from employing people illegally to employing people on Zero hours contracts at much less than the going rate.
As an IT pro you are a "Professsion liberale" I believe, but if you are an M-E Artisan (Cleaner) you need to be getting 35 Eur p/h for it to make any sense, and to have 24h per week minimum. Rather than 8-10 hours at 20 Eur p/h.
snow report
WindOfChange wrote:

As an IT pro you are a "Professsion liberale" I believe, but if you are an M-E Artisan (Cleaner) you need to be getting 35 Eur p/h for it to make any sense, and to have 24h per week minimum. Rather than 8-10 hours at 20 Eur p/h.

Just to crunch the figures:

Minimum wage is 1230/month take home for a 35 hour week. As a M.E. you'd have to earn 1500 euros / month (excluding costs). Around 350 euros / week. That would be 18 hours at 20 euros per hour. However no holiday pay so nearer to your 24h/week as you said, plus you have no security in your "contract" as you are a service provider, not an employee. Plus you have the faff of dealing with the French administration directly.

Not sure I'd want to live in Morzine on the SMIC though. It is virtually impossible to survive in Grenoble on that salary.

I don't think the ME scheme cares now what service you supply (although some jobs like security guard and estate agent are excluded and some are regulated) and the turnover changes depending on whether you are supplying a service (cleaning, coding - same retirement in the SSI, same health in the CPAM) or selling goods.
ski holidays
Just to add to the list:-
Couloir Bar
latest report
@Kenzie, while this is actually very interesting, without suggesting anything malign, I am curious as to your motivation?
snow report
I was suggesting the market will dictate the price and if there is a labour shortage (or a whiff of one) the 20€ph will go up pretty quick.
latest report
@under a new name,
Just trying to spread the info of season jobs in Tignes.
snow report
I'm sure a few will go and get "work" for 87 days or so Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@Kenzie, I’m glad to see jobs advertised as it means very positive thoughts that skiing will return this season with some hospitality.
snow conditions
Additions:-
Chalet Chardons (email clare@chaletchardons.com)
Chalet la Sache (email justyna@skibrev.com)
Le Rendez-vous (email rendezvous.mao@yahoo.fr)
snow conditions
davidof wrote:

The French Job Center (ANPE) has over a million vacancies advertised for the first time. They can't find anyone to work despite 5 million unemployed. Building trades, hospitality and truck drivers all welcome.

Not a great surprise since most French recruitments seem to consist of a) Writing candidates off for not following a totally linear career path, and being <26 years old; b) Excluding those who didn't go to the right educational establishments; c) Having a huge poo-poo fight between competing departments, then eventually losing the money to hire anyone snowHead
ski holidays
Kenzie wrote:
Chalet Chardons (email clare@chaletchardons.com)

They had an amazing accountancy/finance manager job going the other year i'd love to get my hands on
snow report
Hotel le Rosset via workaseason.com

Hotel Les Etincelles (recrutement@fulllife-hotel.com)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was interested to receive this response from Ingham's, when I enquired about seasonal jobs in France for this season:

Thanks for your email.

So for our positions in France, we are able to accept applications from EU or UK passport holders. However, for Italy and Austria we can only accept applications if you have an EU passport, as UK passports do not give you rights to work here since Brexit and there are no suitable visas currently in place.

It is only recently that we have been able to recruit UK passport holders again for France.

All the roles we are recruiting for currently can be found via this link - https://hotelplan.livevacancies.co.uk/#/

Kind Regards,

Sam Martin
Resourcing Coordinator
snow report
I noticed tignesaddict Instagram page is advising UK passport holders to apply for jobs as some companies are open to the idea.
latest report
Further additions:-
Le Vallon Blanc (skivanoise.bigon@hotmail.com)

Tignes Spirit

Curling Hotel & bar (emelyne@hotel-curling.com)

beth@alpineculture.com

info@chaleteterlou.com

info@elevationalps.com

info@abskichildcare.com

lauren@peakfeeling-ski.com
snow report
Plus:
The Marmot Arms

Saloon Bar

Tignes.co.UK

And Tignes Spirit are accepting applications from UK passport holders - don't know for the rest.
ski holidays
@Ricky B, a cursory search of the linked website suggests that only the lowest grade jobs in France are open to UK passport holders. I imagine there is no shortage for the better seasonal posts?
latest report
Sign of the times - most, if not all, of these employers would be staffed up by the end of the summer. Some more:-
contact@laconciergeriedesalpes.com

La Queue de Cochon (info@laqueuedecochon-tignes.com)

bonnesantealpes.com

recrutement@alsa.com

bensbus.co.uk

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 8-10-21 22:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
I can never forgive the f**kwits that voted for Brexit
ski holidays
Kenzie wrote:
Plus:
The Marmot Arms

Saloon Bar

Tignes.co.UK

And Tignes Spirit are accepting applications from UK passport holders - don't know for the rest.

Daft question perhaps - how can UK Passport holders work these roles in France??

eta...........how do you get all this detail - great work !!
snow conditions
From what I understand, they have to offer all jobs to EU passport holders first, then if they can't fill them, they can offer them to UK folk, then apply for working visa of longer than 3 months for them. Or maybe share the season between 2 Britis, doing say 2 - 3 months each..? What a mess Brexit has left us in!
snow conditions
Ricky B wrote:
From what I understand, they have to offer all jobs to EU passport holders first, then if they can't fill them, they can offer them to UK folk, then apply for working visa of longer than 3 months for them. Or maybe share the season between 2 Britis, doing say 2 - 3 months each..? What a mess Brexit has left us in!

Thanks - yes, indeed.

Brexit could appear in future dictionaries as a definition of cutting off ones nose to spite ones face..............
latest report
Yellow Snow wrote:
I can never forgive the f**kwits that voted for Brexit

I am eternally proud to be one.

Reading this increasingly dreadful forum I realise selfishness surpasses all else. But then like political party/ies no one actually cares for the less privileged who are lucky to afford a holiday let alone a ski holiday. May be we might find a few more lorry drivers and their families joining the skiing ranks.....
ski holidays
@countryman,

Quote:

I am eternally proud to be one.

What are you proud of? I still haven't found anyone who is getting anything good out of Brexit. I've lost a really good job a few years ago due to the uncertainty it caused.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy