Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

a resurgence in snowboarding? seem to be more about

Poster: A snowHead
Maybe it's just the xmas week but there seem to be more about, to me.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was used to skiing in Austria. They were very much in the minority there. Probably less than 5%.

I now live in Andorra and it’s much more common here - probably 10-20%. I have a regular group of around 15 work colleagues I go out with. 5 of them are boarders.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, I agree there are even some young people doing it.

Sadly the sme cannot be said for the monoski. I've only seen one in a whole week in les arcs.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My experience of monoski in 1991 was it was a great way to force my feet together and my weight forward. But “proper” skiers told me it was a great way to ruin technique in other ways. Not sure my technique ever got good enough to be ruined…
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just returned from Tignes (where I was attempting to learn how to snowboard with, well, some results — see TR in my signature); we were ~10% of the punters in the limited area I managed to explore. Saw one monoskier (modern get-up, with a fantail), at the time, I would have bitten his arm off if he’d offered to trade. Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good spot.

Noticed same.

The tray is back in fashion in Western Europe.

Resorts once again are swarming with them.

New binding technology has boosted demand.

Just click and ride.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 27-12-23 17:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From the numbers at HH at the October test and again last week, there's a good number of people learning to snowboard again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As an American, I suggest you nip this trend in the bud before it gets any worse.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Old folks taking advantage of the hot weather to get their trays out. Didn't see a boarder under 50 this week.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yup. Coming back around the fashion-circle for its third appearance Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@shep, .....clicked on the link in your footer as that's how bored I am (waiting for Saturday's flight to the snow) ....you have worked on some beautiful projects.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Snowsartre, Thanks, you're very kind Smile . Mrs. Shep does the beautiful Madeye-Smiley , I work on the functional. Hope you have a great ski next week!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've just started copying the trend of stopping in the middle of the piste, so you notice us more Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Regularly ski with a snowboarder. Although he is very good he does the service of faffing at ski lifts and falling over so we can get a rest waiting for him. With bad knees & back I would not manage a week skiing with all the falls that middle aged snowboarders experience. Glad I stuck to two legs…… sorry skis.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davidof wrote:
Old folks taking advantage of the hot weather to get their trays out. Didn't see a boarder under 50 this week.
And how many of you lot are under 50, precisely? You're not looking in the ride places, pal. And if it's hot that could be why.
snow report
hawkesbaynz wrote:
Regularly ski with a snowboarder. Although he is very good he does the service of faffing at ski lifts and falling over so we can get a rest waiting for him. With bad knees & back I would not manage a week skiing with all the falls that middle aged snowboarders experience. Glad I stuck to two legs…… sorry skis.

Nah snowboardings actually way more gentle on the knees. They remain in the same position & don’t twist on impact like skis. Your back when learning however, yep that’s screwed from coccyx impact Eh oh!
snow conditions
Holiday weeks are likely to have more snowboards about.
Most people trying it out are on the younger side and its the time they are able to get away from school and parents picking up the tab.
Oldish snowboards are still not big in numbers though it's usually on lifts that you can tell.
A lot depends in which resorts you are in as well.
I would think the average of both skiers and boarders is creeping up though?
latest report
bartiebat wrote:
Nah snowboardings actually way more gentle on the knees. They remain in the same position & don’t twist on impact like skis. Your back when learning however, yep that’s screwed from coccyx impact Eh oh!

2014 Christmas in Bardonecchia, not much snow, only the glacier runs are open, and it's pretty bare, plus afternoon thaw followed by overnight freeze means it's all pretty brutal. The third time I caught my heel edge was complete loss of mojo, just waved to my friends to tell them I was off and headed for the chairlift. I'd seen the kids carrying their skis and getting the lift down the mountain - the lifty seemed to think it was a child only service. There were plenty of empty chairs going down, so I didn't argue, I just sat in the next one and then hobbled home. Not my happiest day on the mountain, but very glad I called it quits when I did.

Better technique these days for coping with the ice and crusts, but I learnt then to either sleep in, or find a decent coffee with a view and let the worst of the icy mornings pass by, then get on the slopes when there was a better surface.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy