Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tesco eurotunnel

Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know how tesco vouchers and eurotunnel work? ie how much do you have to spend to get enough to a crossing ?

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All on here

https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/vouchers/eurotunnel-le-shuttle/UK-003223.prd
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
£5 worth of Clubcard vouchers gets you £15 credit with Eurotunnel, £1 clubcard voucher for £100 spent.

We use(d) Eurotunnel at least twice a year and haven't paid cash for a ticket in ages.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have just looked for our booking. It’s about £75-80 worth of vouchers for a return crossing at half term at the moment. I think a return is about £250 ish.

Can only get non refundable tickets with tesco voucher, but can move booking within the year from when you booked. It’s a balance of booking early to get the best price vs when you could potentially move your booking too if you have to cancel your holiday.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ajc2260626, @ajc2260626, used mine for a crossing last summer that we couldn't use. Forwarded the dates to Christmas and then again to March. Eventually despite the crossing expiring in late June, they issued me with a refund voucher that I have used for next weeks crossing. I didn't have quite enough, so cashed in a few more Clubcard points to the required amount. The new CC voucher was deducted from the outbound leg of the journey and the refund voucher gave me the rest. Eurotunnel have been amazingly helpful during all of this.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Various ways to collect points that ultimately convert to vouchers:

https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/collect-points/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Read the small print, two conditions that we have fallen foul of: Can only be used for trips starting in Folkestone (ie cant be used for a Calais Folkstone one way - I had used a credit for going out)
Can only be booked for a trip starting in over 14 days time.
Peak times are sometimes not available (although rarely) and on one occasion no overheight available.
Other than that its a great way to pay ... get a Tesco Credit card and earn more points.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have had a Tesco Bank current account for several years, primarily to get points for Eurotunnel vouchers - using it for shopping at Tesco has doubled up the points. Unfortunately they've decided to close all their current accounts at the end of November, though. For the tunnel, you don't need to have spent enough to have sufficient points/vouchers for the full cost - you just pay the balance on credit/debit card.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haven't paid for a crossing in years, excellent way to use Tesco points. We have a Tesco credit card and use it for everything, paying the balance at the end of each month. Doesn't take long to get enough for a crossing. If you arrive too early (or once, even a day in advance) we just paid the difference in cost between the time slots, no fuss as long as there were spaces on the train. It might be less easy at peak times or at half term.
Never had a problem
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ditto
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ditto, before lockdown always try and buy all my fuel for company car at Tesco with clubcard - usually enough in a year to pay for at least 80% of Eurotunnel crossing.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wow, I did not know about the Le Shuttle and Tesco vouchers.
I do know you can get Railcards at bargain prices with Tesco vouchers.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hells Bells wrote:
@ajc2260626, @ajc2260626, used mine for a crossing last summer that we couldn't use. Forwarded the dates to Christmas and then again to March. Eventually despite the crossing expiring in late June, they issued me with a refund voucher that I have used for next weeks crossing. I didn't have quite enough, so cashed in a few more Clubcard points to the required amount. The new CC voucher was deducted from the outbound leg of the journey and the refund voucher gave me the rest. Eurotunnel have been amazingly helpful during all of this.

Seconded. We go down to Provence every May for a cycling holiday and the 2020 Tesco vouchers will hopefully get us there in 2022 - Eurotunnel have been great.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have just returned from France. Everything at Eurotunnel in both directions has been very efficient. Lots of changes, test results to upload, more border checks, but as long as you follow the instructions and upload your documents needed for travel, everything went very smoothly. Even the extra pet check at Folkestone wasn't too much of a problem. We've now swapped the AHCs for French pet passports.
I have also noticed you can now book online with your Tesco Clubcard voucher, so one less hassle of waiting in a queue on the phone. Their live chat is also really good if you need to use it.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Hells Bells, can you tell me a little more about the French pet passport, I’m driving to France then Menorca in October with the dog and we also take him skiing but the new system it seems madness! I have heard about people getting French passports but I’m unsure on what requirements are Necessary to obtain one?
snow conditions
@Noakes, there's a whole thread on it. https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154431&highlight= and a very useful Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/3614458798622552.
ski holidays
And just received this from EuroTunnel to make Tesco bookings even easier

There’s just a few clicks between you and your trip:

1. Exchange your Tesco Clubcard vouchers for Reward Partner codes on Tesco.​com
2. Create or log into your My Eurotunnel account online or in the app
3. Enter your Reward Partner Code just before your payment details when booking
4. Voilà!

We can't wait to welcome you on board.
snow conditions
@boredsurfin, it is great news, apart from I've just checked and I can't get my return crossing in January for anything other than a FlexiPlus ticket, which of course you can't book with a Tesco voucher. I'm going to have to get J to change his holiday dates, there's no effing way I am paying £330. Looks like there is still reduced capacity with only one or two trains an hour.
snow conditions
Update on that post above. I booked a crossing eventually using my voucher, but it was a couple of hours later than we would have liked. I had a quick look today and there was availability for our preferred time. Changed in seconds on the online chat without any extra charge.
snow report
Lets hope the tunnel doesn't become a victim of Macrons crackdown on the UK Skullie
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, let's hope not.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy