Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any companies offer accom + skipass in Austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm aware of sunweb, my usual goto for cheap weeks with a ski pass included. Are there any other operators or ski areas in Austria that throw in ski passes as well in non peak times?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@alasdair.graham, You can try looking at the Ski Amade page and clicking on accommodation. There are some good offers on there.

https://www.skiamade.com/en
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@alasdair.graham, snowtrex seem fairly similar
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowtrex is the other
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@alasdair.graham, given that the pass is sold at a fixed price in every Austrian resort I've ever been to and tour operators typically charge you extra for the "convenience" of not having to buy it yourself while walking past the sales window in the lift station on the first morning, what do you see as the benefit of having the pass included? The most I've ever queued to buy a pass is about 4 minutes.

If they have accommodation they are desperate to fill, the price will come down, lift pass or no lift pass.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ousekjarr wrote:
@alasdair.graham, given that the pass is sold at a fixed price in every Austrian resort I've ever been to and tour operators typically charge you extra for the "convenience" of not having to buy it yourself while walking past the sales window in the lift station on the first morning, what do you see as the benefit of having the pass included? The most I've ever queued to buy a pass is about 4 minutes.

If they have accommodation they are desperate to fill, the price will come down, lift pass or no lift pass.

The benefits of having it 'included', eg with the like of Sunweb/Snowtrex are that the overall price (accom+lift pass), is going to be substantially cheaper than the total of buying them separately.
In some cases you can get accom + lift pass for less than the price of a walk up lift pass price.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ousekjarr wrote:

I booked sunweb
I checked to book direct. There is no package offer.
It was quite a bit extra to book hotel & lift pass separate. We saving 300 euro for 5 nights/4days booking by sunweb.
My guess is, that they get a better deal from lift pass companies because they buy so many & a hefty discount on rooms.
Take a look at some of the sunweb offerings. Ive seen packages cheaper than just trying to book accommodation in some resorts.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've used Sunweb before and got a great deal, just had to sort own transfers.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm doing a five day course with Snow Camps which includes a six day pass. If I boot a pass and training separately it would cost a hell of a lot more.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Should read book not boot!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ousekjarr '' tour operators typically charge you extra''. Not my experience working for several TO's over the last 15 years. The TO usually sell at EXACTLY the same price as going to the lift office. The TO makes it's money by getting a discount depending on how many LP's they sell in the season. This discount is never available to the individual.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ousekjarr '' tour operators typically charge you extra''. Not my experience working for several TO's over the last 15 years. The TO usually sell at EXACTLY the same price as going to the lift office. The TO makes it's money by getting a discount depending on how many LP's they sell in the season. This discount is never available to the individual.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Old Man Of Lech, which is why using the likes of Sunweb/Snowtrex for your accom AND lift pass, will ensure that a hefty discount definitely is passed on to the customer.

I assume the likes of Crystal also get a discount on lift passes due to the sheer volume of passes they sell over a season. They just don't pass the saving on to the customer. Well unless they have a specific BOGOF deal or similar.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ousekjarr,
It's not about convenience just about getting a deal, as others have said you can often get a week's accom and ski pass for less than the price of a walk up ski pass.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@RedandWhiteFlachau,
Awesome thankyou Little Angel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy