Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help Pls, novice/intermediate skiers going to Slovenia KG, not much open

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
We are a family of 4 who are novice/intermediate skiers. We arrive in Kranska Gora on Monday 20th Dec 2021 for a week. Currently only 3 lifts are open which service a small area with a few blue slopes. We will get bored of these slopes after 2 days. What should we do? Is it likely that more lifts & slopes will open by 20th Dec? Does this usually happen? We are realising all the blue slopes at KG are quite short and possibly bit boring? Should we book 5 days in KG and 5 days somewhere else? We have 10 days in Slovenia. We are looking at Cerkno but its not open yet, will all slopes and lifts be open when resort opens on 17th Dec? We don't know much about how ski resorts function or what is normal, or how things happen in Slovenia. Thanks for advice.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to SHs, @tan8856. Can't help with KG in particular but many small resorts - indeed most small resorts, including some which are COVERED in snow at the moment, won't have much open this week. Someone who knows the area will be along soon.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awkward situation for you - I imagine that all lifts would be open for the Holiday though

====edit====

Just to add -- webcams showing a good snow coverage, so closed lifts are not due to that..

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 15-12-21 13:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tan8856, welcome. Email to the tourist office might get a sensible response on projected opening.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did ask for you using the chat box on their website and got this response. Not sure it really helps.

Quote:
yes. Unfotunately is most of the ski lifts closed down. Only 3 are operating at the moment. But during the weekend will probably operate more of them.

An email to the tourist office will probably get a more detailed response.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
" Only 3 are operating at the moment. But during the weekend will probably operate more of them."

I think your answer is there, especially if snow is showing on webcams. At the moment I would say it is operating as a weekend place for locals from Ljubliana etc.
Great place, especially as lifts start direct from the town with cafes, restaurants etc. right at bottom of pistes, has a really friendly atmosphere in my opinion.
Worth a trip up to the ski jumps at Planica, frighteningly big Shocked and often there are people practicing for you to watch.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skitow wrote:
" Only 3 are operating at the moment. But during the weekend will probably operate more of them."

I think your answer is there, especially if snow is showing on webcams. At the moment I would say it is operating as a weekend place for locals from Ljubliana etc.
Great place, especially as lifts start direct from the town with cafes, restaurants etc. right at bottom of pistes, has a really friendly atmosphere in my opinion.
Worth a trip up to the ski jumps at Planica, frighteningly big Shocked and often there are people practicing for you to watch.

Thank you. This may seem like a silly question but I assume to ski the blue trails next to Zelenci we have to drive to the area and park? Are there shuttle buses? Do the ski instructors provide transport? Is there lots of parking & is it free?
& is it easy to drive to Planica & park?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@tan8856, Ah you are testing me now Laughing Last time I was there was Feb. 2020 and before that about 1988 Laughing

I got from the main slopes by the town to the slopes at Podkoren (which I think is the same as your Zelenci ?) by zig zagging lifts and pistes but what level pistes I am not sure, as one of them is the black world cup run I think. I parked for free at KG itself and I am pretty sure there was parking at Podkoren but they were putting up a marquee for the world cup event that never happened ( march 2020 ?).
Don't know if there is a shuttle bus, there was in 1988 Laughing
Only a short drive, 10 mins (?), to Planica and there was loads of parking but presumably if there is an event the situation is different.
Hope that helps. There is a guy on here called primoz(?) who usually picks up on Slovenia threads and knows a lot more than me, think he is a local.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When I was there a long time ago the tour operator put on a coach to arnoldstein in Austria one day. Unfortunately the coach was cancelled (too much snow!). looking at google maps it takes about 26 minutes, could be an option if you have a car, and suitable covid status.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I see that there are 8 out of 12 lifts open today (ignoring the two kids magic carpets) which looks promising.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy