Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1 dose teenagers - resort cancelling our booking

Poster: A snowHead
After France’s announcement Thursday our Chalet operator in Samoens has asked us to cancel our booking so they can free up the chalet for local French visitors.

It started because we have children in the party ages 12 and 15 that have not been vaccinated.

We could get them vaccinated with the first dose but as we’re travelling on 26th Dec there is no time for second dose and therefore can not get Green Pass issued.
We have looked into getting the children tested every 24 hours when in resort. However, this could be fraught with long queues etc…..and there is a likely hood a full travel ban could be imposed.

Have any other snowheads experienced this issue with unvaccinated or single dose teens and found a work-around ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We cancelled. But that was our choice, as it was one hassle too far on top of all the other tests/forms/queues.

I can't see why it would inconvenience your chalet operator?!

(NB only one dose available rn for 12-15yos anyway. This may change, given yesterday's press conference, but not in time for your trip).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To clarify: the 12-15yo teens in our party have had the single dose, but the hassle for us was the thought of the 24 hourly queue/test/wait)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a discussion on the other thread on this. We have teenager and too late to cancel, so we plan to go for it and get them tested daily.

If they have to sit in the apartment playing computer games because we couldn't get a test, then they'd be doing that anyway if we cancelled the trip!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jamie72carter, had you booked the whole chalet, or was it shared with strangers?

I could understand to a certain degree if it was shared, as I assume they have a duty of care to protect all the other residents, is it a requirement to be fully vaccinated in France to stay in hotels etc?

why local French visitors, instead of potential fully vaxxed non French guests, that bit seems fishy to me, I wonder if there is a touch of gazumping going on
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
terrygasson wrote:
@jamie72carter, had you booked the whole chalet, or was it shared with strangers?

I could understand to a certain degree if it was shared, as I assume they have a duty of care to protect all the other residents

Good point.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Book some self-catered accommodation instead and use the local restaurants and traiteurs that deliver to your accommodation. Many more are delivering since the previous lockdowns.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would let them cancel it and rebook self catering as Hells Bells suggests. You will then be less at risk of catching covid too. If you need a self catering tour operator I'd recommend Peak Retreats who offer self drive packages to some very nice places in Samoens eg Residence Alexane, La Reine des Pres etc. They can also book ski school, lift passes etc if needed. You could also do accommodation only through them if you have already booked flights.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jamie72carter, if you cancel do you end up loosing money? Wondering why they are asking YOU to cancel?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
These are the latest entry requirements for children into France :: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-56997931 :: from an hour ago

"..Children from the UK aged 12 years old or over who have received only one vaccination dose are not regarded as fully vaccinated under French rules.

If they are travelling with a fully vaccinated adult, they will be required to present a negative PCR or antigen test result on arrival in France. However, they do not have to give an essential reason, or self-isolate after arriving.

Children from the UK aged 12 years old or over who are travelling alone are subject to the same conditions adults who are not fully vaccinated, including the need to self-isolate.

Children aged 11 years old or younger do not need to present a negative test result to travel to France..."
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Maire of Chatel had posted that they are looking at setting up mass testing which I assume will be best done at the end of the day as they are valid for the next day’s skiing. Should be quick as they are lateral flow. He is the co-president of Savoie Mt Blanc region and is likely to be a positive influence on measures other resorts put in place. @jamie72carter, as others have said I would cancel and look at self-catering.

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just a question -

will the covid pass be needed on the lifts?
as if self catering and not going in bars - no need for this pass ?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@norris, announcement being made on this on Tuesday. Most signals point to it will be required.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yes thanks - just reading the other (long!) thread on it!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jamie72carter wrote:
After France’s announcement Thursday our Chalet operator in Samoens has asked us to cancel our booking so they can free up the chalet for local French visitors.

What are your cancellation terms? (i.e. do you get a full refund. Is there a deadline for free cancellation)

It's interesting that they've asked you to cancelled, rather than cancelling it themselves. They may be assuming that you're going to cancel anyway, but they want that confirmed as soon as possible so they have the best chance of finding someone else to take the accommodation. If you're willing to put up with the testing then just telling them you understand the hoops you'll need to jump through may be enough.
ski holidays
Hi guys,
I never thought I'd get such concise and useful feedback. Thank you so much.
Just so you have the full picture, we are staying in self catering apartments in an old farm-building conversation, so although self contained, certain common aread of the property are shared with other guests like the boot room etc.
The Owners of the accommodation have been very helpful and have actually asked if they can remarket the property to see if a fully vaxed family or French family is interested. Then they will give us the option to cancel or to pay the balance in full which would be non refundable.
We will probably still go ahead with the holiday and get the children tested daily at the end of each ski day.
We are now checking the terms of our insurance to see if we could claim under our insurance should we be prevented from travelling due to Covid restrictions.
Its such a mine field at the moment !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy