Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you could go anywhere...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you could go skiing anywhere in europe next week, given current/expected conditions, where would you go?

Decided to bring our Easter trip forward and going to book somewhere tonight for next week.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends what you're looking for!

Your priorities might be very different to others. Is it all about the snow conditions? If so... https://wepowder.com/en ...the Saharan sand appears to be an issue at the moment, but new snow in Piemonte at the weekend.

Give us a bit more to go on, like experience levels, who's going (newskiingdad...kids??), what you like to ski/board, on or off-piste, budget, what you've liked before, any other non-ski considerations?? snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Could you speak with @foley to see if there is a way to take the apartment and lift passes they are offering at a very good price to a snowhead and then the agents to work out how to add other people if you need to and then organise travel? I would have thought there would be a way to make it into a cheap trip for up to 4. I certainly liked Valmeinier when I visited.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=159605&highlight=
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
luigi wrote:

Your priorities might be very different to others. Is it all about the snow conditions? If so... https://wepowder.com/en ...the Saharan sand appears to be an issue at the moment, but new snow in Piemonte at the weekend.

Give us a bit more to go on, like experience levels, who's going (newskiingdad...kids??), what you like to ski/board, on or off-piste, budget, what you've liked before, any other non-ski considerations?? snowHead

Yeah, I should have added a bit more too the OP. Iv been on a few trips now and by no means an expert but comfortable on blue and reds. My wife and daughter will be getting lessons and skiing for the first time.

Budget is flexible - more of a factor is good conditions and not too long a transfer.

Looking at Flaine and Avoriaz/Morzine but worried about lack of snow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If I had a choice Morzine or Flaine wouldn't be in it. Take a good look at Austria at the moment.... good snow.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NewSkiingDad wrote:
If you could go skiing anywhere in europe next week, given current/expected conditions, where would you go?

Decided to bring our Easter trip forward and going to book somewhere tonight for next week.

Exactly where I'm going - Val Thorens. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tignes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@pam w
Tignes...first time?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gaz_H wrote:
If I had a choice Morzine or Flaine wouldn't be in it. Take a good look at Austria at the moment.... good snow.

Good advice and Austria has a lot of charm too.

But if two of the family are learning, the absolute snow depth and quality isn't an overwhelming consideration. More important is accommodation as close as possible to the ski school meeting point & nursery slopes, a good ski school with English instruction, free/cheap liftpasses for beginners, a compact ski area with some nice places to meet up after ski school and some easy progressor blues to practice on in the afternoon once off nursery slopes.

So depends what's available last minute that covers most of those bases. You can get that in Austria, but it is rarer.

Val Thorens isn't a bad call, snow should be pretty good too. Out of Flaine and Morzine, I'd go Flaine as there's a lot of ski-in, ski-out accomodation and quite a bit higher altitude. I think it has some free lifts for beginners too. Morzine is low for this time of year and spread out.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NewSkiingDad wrote:
luigi wrote:

Yeah, I should have added a bit more too the OP. Iv been on a few trips now and by no means an expert but comfortable on blue and reds. My wife and daughter will be getting lessons and skiing for the first time.

Budget is flexible - more of a factor is good conditions and not too long a transfer.

Looking at Flaine and Avoriaz/Morzine but worried about lack of snow.

With conditions as, needing verification, then Flaine does suit the requirements. It's exemplary for new beginners from convenience and amount of immediately accessible slopes on which to learn. With enough progress a new skier can potentially ski from the top to base with careful guidance. If not, the top of main gondola is pedestrian accessible to visit too.
Staying in Flaine forum could not be any easier, it's really just walk out onto the piste convenient, there's no connection, no faff, just really easy environment. Grouped around there are cafè etc for a mixed day of lessons, rest and relax schedule.

Close transfer too, with someone recently reporting still good snow cover for on piste conditions. It has a lot to offer.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy