Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MPI insurance - still not taking renewals

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone heard an update, other than what's in their letters?

What's the best alternative for off 'piste without a guide' cover?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bar shaker, if you don't need to be FR or EU resident, Club Vieux Campeur maybe?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
or Carte Neige?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, I've just bought that. I think that and my bank policy will cover all options.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bar shaker, Double check your bank policy as most will only give 21/28 days winter sport cover per year and I presume you intend to ski more than that this season.

https://www.snowcard.co.uk/ will give 90days winter sport cover on it’s annual Europe policy with off piste with or without a guide if you upgrade to the extreme policy.
Works out £364 for the year for a couple.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've gone with LV this year.

Thread: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156081
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@muppet, Shocked Shocked - I think the Vieux Campeur is €25 for the year!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They are listed as exhibitors at the NEC Ski Show this weekend, so they obviously want ski buisness.
Will ask them if no SHs offer an answer.
I couldn't get a quote from MPI when booking my trips so ended up with the BMC Alpine Ski and Mountaineering package it sounds excessive but due to the length and frequency of trips I have booked they are the only ones who filled the bill.
Mrs Seahoob has LV for her three (only slightly off piste) trips.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LV refuse to offer cover for anyone waiting for the outcome of a referral to a consultant, which with NHS delays must exclude many people. I normally buy an annual policy to cover my wife and me for off-piste but she has been waiting for tests. So I am deferring a decision on travel insurance.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name,
I’ll have a look when I have a bigger screen later.
I thought another Snowhead had discounted Vieux Campeur for some reason, can’t remember if it was no off piste cover or trips couldn’t be over a certain length, but I’ll definitely have a more in-depth look.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have used Vieux Campeur for a number of years. You also get shop discounts with your 25 euro insurance card. Covers off piste and touring and no limit on trip length. Good for costs of getting you off the mountain but very low medical expenses cover. Personally I take the view that my EHIC card good enough in France and happy to pay any top up medical costs. Probably saved myself a couple of thousand pounds over the last ten years. If you are the sort of person who only feels safe with 2 million pound medical expenses insurance then maybe not for you.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is the reply I got from MPI last week when I asked if they would have anything in place for the end of November.

“We’re currently in the process of moving insurers, so for the meantime we still can’t issue new policies. We do hope to be up and running in the next few weeks so can log your details and let you know. But unfortunately, we don’t have a date for this yet, so we can’t guarantee it’ll be in time for your trip.

If you would like to get something in place urgently then I can seek an alternative insurer that might be able to provide you with a suitable policy”
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've looked at the fine print for most of the insurers mentioned in this thread and various others. The only folk that seem to cover things for me are BMC: season-long cover that includes off piste, touring, with and without a guide inc. Covid if FCO says "only essential travel". Hope MPI do get themselves sorted out as I realise now what a useful resource they were.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Talked to MPI at the Snow Show today. They told me they had hoped to launch their policy yesterday but were still negotiating with their new underwriter on one point. They told me they were confident they could launch in the next few weeks and certainly before my first trip at the start of December.
They seemed confident and said it would cover the same things as before.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy