Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go for Apres?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

I think we are going to book our trip, and just rely upon the cancellation policies.

We'd be going first week in Feb.

We stopped doing catered chalets as it ate into our Apres experience!

If Apres is almost as important as skiing - where would you book?

By Apres I mean - Coco Rico in Val, the Mooserwirt in St Anton, or Saloon in VT.

I'm ready to take a punt, but don't know if I should go for Austria or France.

I'm well aware that it's crystal ball territory, but grateful for informed views.

Also, Amy recommendations on travel operators who will easily return your cash, also appreciated.

Many thanks
R
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If going in Feb check what school holidays are happening for your dates.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ischgl in Austria without a doubt.

The French only play at après!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for Ischgl, also Sölden is pretty wild. But if you can’t go to Austria (lockdown etc) then Morzine is surprisingly good for Apres without requiring a second mortgage.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ischgl has the best apres in the alps or at least did have. Who knows what it will be like this season but I'd be surprised if it wasn't curtailed to some degree.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
covid does not like Apres
governments do not like covid
governments will restrict Apres. limit capacity, table service only, etc.

You will probably have a better night out in the UK!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The chances of finding massive pre-2020 style après in France or Austria and a tour operator who will readily hand your cash back are probably pretty similar…
Honestly I reckon there will be plenty of places you can have a few beers after on production your passe sanitaire... if that’s not enough for you maybe rethink until the following year.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ignorance is bliss etc...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Obviously everything can change on a sixpence, but the Folie Douce in Val Thorens opens on Sat. Keep an eye on their instagram the day after to see how that's playing out... We've also been in some pretty rammed bars in France the last few weeks. I think Apres in france could go either way at this point.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Langerzug, +1
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Time warp yourself back to 2018. From personal experience St Anton and Ischgl are probably the best. My gut feeling is that Apres ski is not going to be anything like it was for quite a while.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy