Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bikram Hot Yoga great way to achieve ski fitness

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I used to do Bikram on a regular basis some four or so years ago in Brighton and can attest to how good it is for overall fitness.

Back then there were many a pose that I had major problems with getting anywhere near to doing them, whilst people who did not have anything resembling a sporting physique made the same moves with consummate ease.

Fast forward to yesterday and one of my daughter's succeeded in nagging me and the OH to sign up for a month.

I should add here that many studio's do these introductory offers where you only pay circa £40 for the first month and you can attend as many times as your body will allow.

So I knew what I was in for as I entered the studio, for me it's very tough and slightly embarrassing, as I seriously sweat, plus I'm useless at it Laughing

Unlike normal Yoga, Bikram is high intensity and is performed in very hot humid conditions, and it lasts for just over 95 mins.

Prior to last night's session I was 78kg, weighed myself afterward and 75.9 , that's how much I sweated!

This morning quads are aching a bit as there's one pose that is akin to the sit against the wall and hold it position, except there's no wall to sit back to!

So great for the core, respiratory and heart.

And like I say if you have a studio near by check out their Introductory offers.

Namaste
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Bikram is high intensity and is performed in very hot humid conditions, and it lasts for just over 95 mins."
Sounds fookin hideous, not to say dangerous
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Frosty the Snowman, ditto Very Happy . Think it would be headspinning and vomit inducing for me-especially since my levels of fitness have plummeted over the last 18 months!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah not sure about the 'hot' bit, plus the sight of a porky 40somthing sweating his nadjers off would probably offend the usual Yummys who attend these things, but the Yoga idea has occured to me as a way to get back into... well not shape, but tidier heap maybe.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Weathercam, is there an app on your Garmin for it? Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@DJL, no just Yoga, was most disappointed, maybe I should try searching under "torture" or "masochism" Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Yeah not sure about the 'hot' bit, plus the sight of a porky 40somthing sweating his nadjers off would probably offend the usual Yummys who attend these things, but the Yoga idea has occured to me as a way to get back into... well not shape, but tidier heap maybe.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Prior to last night's session I was 78kg, weighed myself afterward and 75.9 , that's how much I sweated!

Probably can get the same by sitting in a sauna for 90 minutes?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy