Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires intra resort transport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My family and I are planning on going for a weeks’ skiing the first week of January staying in Les Menuires as a cheap (these things are relative!) way to ski the T3V.

The accommodation is already booked - a self catered job a couple of hundred yards from the bottom of the Bettex chairlift. The place looks nice enough and almost ski-in-ski-out however puts us out of reach of the standard shuttle bus to travel around the resort (at least it looks like it does on the map on the website anyway).

Various girlfriends/ boyfriends will be coming and no doubt will want to escape the clutches of my family a couple of evenings to go for a few drinks/ a meal and this might cause some issues by way of our location and the location of the bars/ restaurants (such as they are) in Les Menuires.

Has anyone here stayed in the same area/ have any local knowledge on how to get around from where we’ll be based? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ps: we will have a couple of cars with us but I’d rather not drive as I’m not sure on the parking situation and it would put pay to the “couple of drinks” idea.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PrinceJohn,

oh oh, Bettaix looks nice enough for a quiet stay but to get to Les Menuires and from it you have to use the chairlift (roughly 9-5 as I recall, but check) or you need to drive. There used to be a bar in Bettaix but it may now be shut.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Think you are looking at taxi's as it's a decent walk to the bus at Praranger and I'm not sure it runs that late anyway.

Summer timetable: https://static20.lesmenuires.com/files/5d961be0870c6.pdf

Parking (if you drove) wouldn't be too much of an issue but as you say a buzzkill.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
These resort guides also suggest/back up the notion that nightlife is extremely limited and driving up to Les Menuires is the only real option...

https://www.alpineanswers.co.uk/ski-resorts/france/resort-guide-les-menuires-bettex

https://le-bettex.com/le-bettex/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just to be clear, there are no buses
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ahh I see, I was hoping to avoid taxis but if it’s the only real option then I suppose we’ll have to suck it up.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’ve never been that low in Les Menuires myself, but just a guess, possibly this is the legendary bar/nightlife in Bettaix?

https://www.frosch-sportreisen.de/skireisen/sportclub-troisvallees

If so, it could be, you could find there’s not a lot of French spoken in the bar, if you can get in and it isn’t private . . .

As it clearly says:
“Après & Action
Gesellige Treffpunkte sind unsere kleine Hausbar oder die Schneebar direkt vor dem Haus. Beliebig feiern ohne zu stören, könnt Ihr einmal in der Woche in der hauseigenen Disco/Bar im Keller des Hauses. Nachtschwärmer treffen sich dort auf unseren eigenen Partys oder im Dorf. Darüber hinaus organisieren unsere Reiseleiter ein Programm aus Après-Ski-Aktionen, Schneeschuhwanderungen, Fackelwanderungen und mehr.”

Intriguing. Could work for the adventurous.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I’ve never been that low in Les Menuires myself, but just a guess, possibly this is the legendary bar/nightlife in Bettaix?

https://www.frosch-sportreisen.de/skireisen/sportclub-troisvallees

Thank you very much for this Smile .

Although after using the auto translate on Safari, I see their “care by frog” (yes, really) isn’t quite as high as I would like.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy