Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Signs of boredom?

Poster: A snowHead
For most, this has been 'the season that never was'. Here on SnowHeads cabin fever is much in evidence. A thread about car hire has amassed 9 pages in 4 days, and the 20/21 thread, which seemed to have died back in April, has risen like a Phoenix and is roaring along once again.

I don’t venture into Apres, but I'm guessing it’s even worse in there Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yup.

Apres is a magnet for trolls too. The moment one gets bored there and bogs off, another one turns up from nowhere and it all starts over again.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@telford_mike, @andy, indeedy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would you like me to post all me trip reports for this season then?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and when goldfish and stantroll *aren't* on my ignore list anymore, and still need more ignores even after removing them to make room, you know it's officially ****ed in apres now

and it's not even september, which is when the boredom usually starts to show
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@davidof, yes please vicarious skiing is better than no skiing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i went skiing today if that helps .. pretty sure a few snowheads were there
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went snowboarding yesterday. It was a bit average Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, here's this: Heavenly/Kirkwood and Mammoth were terrific in April and May respectively. Typical excellent spring conditions in the beautiful Sierras. Sun all seven days, no lines, good snow although coverage was only average; all three areas were in their last week of operations. The May trip was different than all the others this season in that restaurants were somewhat reopened. I prefer a break from my own cooking so this was a welcome return to normalcy. Sadly, the on-hill food remains awful here, with the lone exception being a pretty good shrimp po-boy at Heavenly.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I skied all winter, (see the Jungfrau thread), but we were lucky in CH that (for better or worse) commercial interests were balanced with those of public health. I see that the 'Is Austria worth the extra money?' thread has hit 9 pages. I'm surprised that one wasn’t shut down with solid evidence that it's cheaper than France quite quickly (Austria is better value & cheaper guys - deal with it).

Also, surprised that our resident trolls / loonies / Covid deniers / Antivaxers / tinfoil hatters haven’t chipped in yet Very Happy Don't suppose it'll be long though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@telford_mike, here I am!

Stop using the phrase "Covid-denier": the only type of 'denier' is a Holocaust-denier. Maybe you're too dim to see the link but stealing a particular word used for those who deny that millions of Jews were murdered (proven fact) to insult those who disagree with you (proven bellend) is a bit cheap.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boobleblooble wrote:

Haha, whoosh!

I knew it wouldn’t be long before you turned up.
Welcome to the the troll bait thread. You just got reeled in. Knock yourself out!

Surprising, perhaps, that not a single poster on here has agreed with any of your views.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
and I hope they are not likely too either!

I had rather a nice season, bit of rando, bit of sneaky Swiss chairlifting, bit of nordic.

And a rather nice supper and a few drinks in the sun last night.

What's not to like?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
What's not to like?

Freedom of movement for those not living in the alps?

As for boredom? I made myself sick of amateur virology after one day, back to hunting slugs in the lettuce patch.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevew wrote:
@davidof, yes please vicarious skiing is better than no skiing

I never thought France would be shut for the February holidays. Maybe now is the time to look forward to next season and better times though rather than the last season?

For me it was good, freedom at work to organize my time as I wished. Next year, well now, it is back to the 9 to 6 but hopefully others will get a crack in 2021/22.
snow conditions
Happy to report being double jabbed, no restrictions on life and getting about 3 days a week on snow for the next few months.

Mostly as a result of decision makers paying attention to science.
snow report
polo wrote:

As for boredom? I made myself sick of amateur virology after one day, back to hunting slugs in the lettuce patch.

As for boredom? I caught up a lot of molecular biology that I didn't have time to learn, refresh my rusty rarely used statistics, and learned some basic virology along the way! What's not to like? Smile

In additional to all the learning of modern day science, I got my mountain bike fixed, rode it a lot. Practiced skate skiing when there's thin snow nearby.

Along the way, I broke my ankle, learned a lot about ankle rehab as a result. Got into a minor car accident and learned a lot of the ins and outs of negotiating compensation.

Bored? I've been so busy, I wish I could find the time to be bored. I have to hope when winter of 21/22 comes, I can find time to ski!
snow conditions
Not looking forward to the next three months, looks like I'll be still in Croatia for the summer which most normal people would celebrate but I'm ginger with Scottish genes and hate hot weather, by hot I mean anything over 22'c. I think nature equipped me with additional heat generating ability to cope with the northern climate but forgot to add a thermostat to turn it off when it gets hot.
I got up at 2am this morning to get some work done before it gets even hotter but in reality I will have nothing to do for the next three months, too hot to go for a walk, cycle, or anything but sit in the shade & sweat Sad
latest report
@tangowaggon, a nice country, but this time 2 yes ago we were in Dubrovnik and it hit 40c. I love the heat but was feeling it a bit.
snow conditions
@tangowaggon, Embrace it, it does get easier. Got any nice lakes/coast nearby where you can go for a dip? Or go for walks/cycle in the forest, get a but of altitude if you can – it's cooler up there and you get a nice breeze on the way down Laughing

Invest in good wicking clothing. I use merino wool tops all summer as it's much lighter when it gets damp, and dries out quickly and doesn't get smelly. Keep the blinds closed in the bedroom all day to help keep the temperature down in there, and keep a load of ice cubes on hand. Have a cool shower before bed if you're feeling hot and sweaty.

Currently 29C indoors, 26C outside heading for 32C later today. I can often be found on the balcony at midnight trying to cool down, especially if it's raining Confused
latest report
boobleblooble wrote:

Stop using the phrase "Covid-denier": the only type of 'denier' is a Holocaust-denier. Maybe you're too dim to see the link but stealing a particular word used for those who deny that millions of Jews were murdered (proven fact) to insult those who disagree with you (proven bellend) is a bit cheap.

Complete TROLL with ad hominen attack.

denier
/dɪˈnʌɪə/

a person who denies something, especially someone who refuses to admit the truth of a concept or proposition that is supported by the majority of scientific or historical evidence.
"a prominent denier of global warming"

Definition from Oxford Languages
Can't see any mention that it is a word ONLY associated with one event or activity.

Or even: Denier (unit), a unit of linear mass density of fibers. To continue your ad hominen theme - in your case wool between ears.

I agree with @telford_mike. Great winter in Jungfrau with sensible measures but I thought could do with some improvement such as more windows kept open by staff in transport. Snow depth in Muerren at end of March was 170% of rolling 10 year average.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy